Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do it all daily (subtle wagon worship)

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do it all daily (subtle wagon worship)

Been sussing out a jackoff-all master of none car recently. Want something less bland than our Rav4 to do alot of the A-B driving;

Needs/wants
    - Something abit bigger than standard hatchback.
    - Fold down seats and decent opening to put a push bike / general hauling etc.
    - Sort of new with minimal mechanical surprises
    - Relo pick-ups from the airport - 4ppl + stuff
    - Does the odd up/down the coast trip loaded up in comfort

SG Forester - Had a standard XT forester before, really liked it, a lot of them are now in the 200+kms, so this one looks good value - is it wise thing to setup a headgasket/rings fund, are they more of a when rather than if at this stage?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...-6504476/?Cr=0

CLA45 wagon - These are cool, the 2016 update adds some fruit, new car means less suprises (I'm a checkbook racer so less time in the shop is a plus), doesn't have the street cred of the older jap cars i grew-up with but they look cool to me.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/dea...rt=LastUpdated

SS Wagon - I feel this will be a bit cumbersome from what i'm used to, but decent platform with plenty of parts and know-how to maintain, Clubby would be cooler again with all the fruit, but i think a bit big to do all the small day-to-day tasks.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/?q=...sort=~Odometer

Bit of a spitball as to really make any moves i'd have to give up the crown jewels, but the 1 car to rule them all theory is the greener grass i find myself staring at alot these days.

Any other candidates also welcome.
    Last edited by JGTC; 13-02-20, 05:03 PM.

Juan. Why do you want to jack off everyone?

Comment

ZB commodore wagon? Seem capable. Drive beautifully. Dirt cheap because of the brand whingers.
      Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
      my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

If you’re after room, doubt CLA45 will suit.
        Performance hasn’t been mentioned, but Clubbie & CLA45 were; is the performance a requirement?

What about the Golf R Wolfsburg Edition?
        Skoda Superb?
        Subaru Le Forg?
        Mazda6 or Liberty? The H6 goes pretty good by all accounts, although unsure how recently they stopped selling them because people are dumb & will pay more for the same thing with worse handling & fugly plastic cladding.
        Last edited by Captiva Fan; 13-02-20, 06:47 PM.
        Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

A 14 year old car is an interesting idea of 'sort of new'

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
          Liberty? The H6 goes pretty good by all accounts, although unsure how recently they stopped selling them because people are dumb & will pay more for the same thing with worse handling & fugly plastic cladding.
          Pretty sure they canned the liberty wagon for the current generation, which is since 2014. Previous gen lib wagon is still a nice thing, but majorly outdated in terms of safety and infotainment compared to current. Levorg sort of replaces it in the current lineup.
          Last edited by TMM; 13-02-20, 07:38 PM.

Comment

This thread needs more hyphens. Many more
            This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless.

Comment

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
              Liberty? The H6 goes pretty good by all accounts, although unsure how recently they stopped selling them because people are dumb & will pay more for the same thing with worse handling & fugly plastic cladding.
              Is there a MCM tax on them?

Comment

Mazda SUV, choice of sizes with them, CX-5?

Comment

I feel it's doing a lot of driving/parking, it's gona get dinged.
                  complex curves and 'prestige look' of the CLA is gona do your head in/break your heart when it clips a kerb, cops a careless door dent, gets stone chips.
                  a big square bogan commodore not to much because taxi, a forester will just mount the kerb and scratches 'because rally car bro'
                  CLA is form over function, looks cool but lacks actual space, especially in the boot compared to other cars.

Comment

Depends on age, lots of fun alternatives
                    Crown Athlete wagon
                    Stagea
                    Legnum
                    Mark II Blit

Depends on your budget too.
                    Golf R wolfsburg would be my pick if I had the coin personally. I'm also on the lookout for a similar daily, once my finances stop going backwards.

I enjoyed my H6 gen4 specB liberty wagon when I had it, was a great do-it-all daily.

Comment

STi Levorg? Aside from the CVT I rate them.

Is your budget 50k or 25k? You could probably pick up an RS260 Stagea for that sweet GTR crossover feel for ~25 and I'd pick that over the STi Forester.

Comment

What's the budget? If the extra size is a help rather than a hindrance then an SS wagon would be a good thing, but recent examples have held their value pretty well.

Comment

someone will probably correct me, but my understanding was that the headgasket thing on forresters didnt include the XT, and was sorted after the SH.

the CVT however....
                          '67 Volkswagen Beetle 1300cc
                          '09 VE SS

Originally posted by Scrad
                          You are like some sort of car rapist, Sticking things where they don't belong, and often don't fit nicely

Comment

Octavia RS wagon.
                            Lots of minis & mokes including a G13b powered Sports Sedan, a couple of Swift Gtis, a Goggomobil, Porsche 928S, Polo Gti, BMW 540i, a WRX and a few others.

Comment

I consider 14 years old sort of new. But i still feel like the 90's where 10 years ago.
                              Crown Athlete wagon with a boost controller.
                              I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Working...
                              X