Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do it all daily (subtle wagon worship)

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mizone View Post
    LS9 (or whatever the 6.2 blown motor is in Australia) HSV one if baller
    LSA; the LS9 was the somewhat exotic one they stuck in that limited-build final GTS-R W1 which was probably stupid overkill given that they could probably have just tuned an LSA to get the same result ...
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Originally posted by drscrote View Post
      E55 wagon. It's always the answer.

​​​​​Well it's always my answer anyway.
      AU wagon on gas is always the answer.

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
      2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Comment

Originally posted by Gats View Post
        A Citroen cactus
        Ban.
        Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Sumodog View Post

Only issue is finding one for sale - what about an SUV , something like SQ5 in diesel , on paper they seem great , not sure if they are a good used buy in fact i would not mind one myself.
          Could tow the R34 with it too. No idea how they got on with age.

Comment

So...Crown athlete wagon with a manual conversion.
            Im not on the same wavelength as someone who calls a car a whip so i think i best bid out of this suggestion session.
            I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Originally posted by tremolo View Post
              F31 330i
              I agree, get something with a nice interior because if you're doing daily duties, it may as well be a nice place to sit. A rav4 or commodore makes your life blander.

The merc was a decent idea too.
              Originally posted by Mr Jones
              Sneakers prompted the erection. Engine stand made me do something with it

Comment

Originally posted by dirtyrex View Post

I agree, get something with a nice interior because if you're doing daily duties, it may as well be a nice place to sit. A rav4 or commodore makes your life blander.

The merc was a decent idea too.
                I'm the same, you sit inside, who cares what it looks like externally for a daily. The Skoda VRS is fine too but apparently exterior holds too much weight in this decision.

Comment

Originally posted by gmx View Post

I'm the same, you sit inside, who cares what it looks like externally for a daily. The Skoda VRS is fine too but apparently exterior holds too much weight in this decision.
                  The euro hierarchy for me would be

​​​​​​CLA > Megane 220 wagon > Octavia VRS

I like the Renault, its a good balance of newish and warm with 3 pedals.

Check out this 2014 Renault Megane GT220 Manual.
                  https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...AG-AD-18402825

Check out this 2016 SKODA Octavia RS 162TSI Manual MY16.
                  https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...AG-AD-18432564

Comment

Originally posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
                    So...Crown athlete wagon with a manual conversion.
                    Im not on the same wavelength as someone who calls a car a whip so i think i best bid out of this suggestion session.
                    You are a better man than me, trying to stick to factory built car thats passed through as few hands as possible. Needs to be the last car standing when all else is at the shopshop.

Comment

Originally posted by nopistons View Post
                      SH forester much betterer than SG forester. A lot of the head gasket issues were rectified by 2008. Decent SH can be picked up 10-15k. The levorg seems like it should be a nice wagon alternative but its actually fucking tiny inside.
                      Yeah thanks, i never considered anything beyond SG purely due to looks but the new ones look not too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Cock Fist View Post
                        B8 series A4 with the 2.7L soot chucker?
                        https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...6433086/?Cr=21
                        Audis make nice wagons like an s4 would be a sweet thing, just alot of things to fall off once out of warranty, if money was growing on trees would def be on the list.

​​​​​​This one looks lik good value but at that age i also like SF foresters.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...SSE-AD-6531670
                        Last edited by JGTC; 15-02-20, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JGTC View Post

Audis make nice wagons like an s4 would be a sweet thing, just alot of things to fall off once out of warranty, if money was growing on trees would def be on the list.

​​​​​​This one looks lik good value but at that age i also like SF foresters.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...SSE-AD-6531670
                          As someone who works at an Audi stealer, spares can be hit and miss, and common problems are low cost fixes most of the time. Some things are very reasonable because they're also on Skoda, VW and Porka, but others can be insane dollars. Fortunately, they can be had for much less from o/s.

Comment

I daily a 2005 X-trail. Aircon doesn't work and it leaks.

Automatic though.

Last edited by 1uz-zte; 15-02-20, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1uz-zte View Post
                              A daily a 2005 X-trail. Aircon doesn't work and it leaks.

Automatic though.

Yeah our rav4 is exactly that, its park anywhere, carry anything, working aircon workhorse. Just another sandbox simulation in my head i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
                                given that they could probably have just tuned an LSA to get the same result ...
                                HSV never 'tuned' anything since dumping the Holden V8 for the LS. I think the extent of Holden/HSV's engine tuning knowledge post-2000 was to put different exhausts on and just tweak the map to rob 10-20kw so they could incrementally increase power 5 or 10kw with each model over a decade until a new hotness in crate engines was released by GM - for example the LS1 had 257kw in 1998 in yankee land but was released by Holden in the VT with 225kw and took until the VZ in 2005 to reach 250kw. If they wanted a big increase in power they'd just flip through GMs crate engine catalogue and pick an engine with the output they need. LS9 was the flagship crate engine at the time so a no-brainer to put in their cost-no-object car. I think the only LS engine they ever used that wasn't straight out of the catalogue was the Callaway tuned LS1 in the VT GTS 300 and everything after it until the LS2 came a long.
                                Last edited by TMM; 16-02-20, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X