Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do it all daily (subtle wagon worship)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carsales tells me 2010-13 era E-class wagons are $25-30k.
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

E400 or E500 would be worth a look.

Comment

For the Merc wagon, has to be an 8 to be special.

Comment

Originally posted by PXL265 View Post
          I thought you meant seats ... this 2004 120k km E500 for a $25k ask has only 7 of them ... looks like anything currently for sale in a newer model is a 6 or is diesel (I guess the diesel would be comfy ... not many km's on most of the ones for sale so you wonder what state their burning-off-the-cloggy-diesel systems are in).
          Last edited by Captiva Fan; 04-02-21, 07:05 PM.
          Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Originally posted by PXL265 View Post
            W212 E350 diesel is 195kW/620Nm - there are rare find in wagon body shape but exist .

Comment

That E500 wagon looks awesome. Would run forever too.

Not sure if it has the dodgy air suspension and SBC though.

Could drop an M113K engine in it, would be a wicked sleeper.
              Last edited by Ribfeast; 05-02-21, 07:58 AM.

Comment

E350 V6 has some reasonable poke given the size.
                "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

You know what that Merc V8 wagon needs 2 of?
                  Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

New Passat R Line wagon is due in Australia. https://www.caradvice.com.au/965497/...launch-review/

Click image for larger version

Name:	vp4ykecobrllma76wktr.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	7269646
                    "It takes beer to make thirst worth while."

Comment

26/07/21 - May have done it lads, GT-R has been for sale since Feb, now priced on the pointy end to sell asap. Have been able to get my hands on a car I've kept an eye out for since selling my sedan in 2015.

2005 Phase 3 Facelift 156, JTS 2.0l, 5spd, 188,000kms

ACT car, same owner since 2013 @ 88,000kms, plenty of service history. Uses about 1L/1000km. Glass-out respray in 2017 after going into touch up a parking bump.

Will get dropped off to Prixcar ACT tomorrow, scheduled to come up to my covid hotspot in Sydney next tuesday - depot to door cost was $340.

Last edited by JGTC; 27-07-21, 01:17 PM.

Comment

*like button smashed*
                        Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

How much was she?

I love them on a set of these rims
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	5b85d1f3edb440e3ba291acb54f3c91d.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	7275172
                          Last edited by Nafe; 26-07-21, 05:51 PM.
                          Nathan

Speed Shots Photography
                          Official Photographer 2021 | Shannons Motorsport Australia Championships | Porsche Michelin Sprint Challenge | Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 Hour | Challenge Bathurst | MRF Tyres Australian Production Car Series

Comment

^ Indeed those suit really well ... I suspect because the style looks factory, were they an Alfa option or are they aftermarket?

Comment

Originally posted by Nafe View Post
                              How much was she?

I love them on a set of these rims
                              Got it for $5,000, was only advertised on the Alfa Aus FB page, and i think the lockdown helped my chances, thankfully he and his mechanic (chris @ chris hedges mechanical) were really good to deal with, which gave me the confidence to transfer the money and book transport via prixcar virtually unseen.

159s are objectively prettier and are money on in Ti spec with those 19s.

I always liked the 156 quirky styling, the concealed rear passenger door handles, and the old chrome-bumper era push-button front door handles. This was my sedan - same exterior and interior spec, but with the busso 2.5 V6 6sp

Last edited by JGTC; 26-07-21, 07:16 PM.

Comment

You're either a genius or a glutton for punishment, gw. I like these things.
                                Originally posted by myshortyboomba
                                I've had many gauges in cars. I always found the conrods react faster than a gauge.

you can always hear them when they break and they stop the engine immediately so you can't do any more damage.

Comment

Working...
                                X