X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boothy.com 4 Police Dead during road traffic stop

https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...22-p54mbs.html

Pretty tragic.

- Why is there 4 cops needed to do a routine stop?
    - Why did the owner run?

Originally posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.

2nd car came for back up
    I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Fucking awful news. 4 devastated families in Melbourne tonight, poor buggers just doing their job and it ends like this... R.I.P
      The older i get, the better i was...

Comment

I drove passed just before this happened. Porsche was a black 992 911. Surely the only reason to run and not expect to get caught is because the car was stolen?

Very sad.

i wonder if the 40kph thing contributed to it as the road sweeps left there so truck could have been a little unsighted until everyone jumps on the brakes to bring it down to 40.

Comment

Very sad. First thought I had was the 40kph limit as well. Tragic incident.

The extra 2 cops were there so they could impound the car as Porsche was speeding. I assume the Porsche driver would have been under arrest and then bolted.

Comment

Originally posted by womblesti View Post
            I drove passed just before this happened. Porsche was a black 992 911. Surely the only reason to run and not expect to get caught is because the car was stolen?.
            you'd hope so, but otherwise it could just be vicpol doing vicpol things.
            Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
            Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ View Post
              https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...22-p54mbs.html

Pretty tragic.

- Why is there 4 cops needed to do a routine stop?
              - Why did the owner run?
              4 cops required, was an impound of the vehicle, this is fairly routine procedure. Comm Ashton stated the vehicle stop came about after the porsche detected at excessive speed. Vicpol policy can mean impound of motor vehicles who are detected at big speeds. This is only from the press conference, more information will surface.

Comment

Qld plated, LLC001.
                Commercial rego.

Anyone recognize it?

Comment

LLC pates are Lorbek Luxury Cars here in vic. ive seen the plates in their carsales ads

Comment

Fair enough re 4 cops on impounds. Just seems excessive for a traffic stop but can understand why.

Still, 4 families are ruined tonight.
                    Originally posted by brasher
                    TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatWallGT500 View Post
                      LLC pates are Lorbek Luxury Cars here in vic. ive seen the plates in their carsales ads
                      No record found on vic roads website for LLC001........... does show up on QLD trans dept website as registered to a porsche.

I'd say the lorbeck plate LLC001 (on all the cars on their website) is not legit.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

ao the truck has cleaned up the cop cars?

edit re read it, damn thats awful. thoughs with the cops families.
                        Last edited by Sloth; 22-04-20, 10:59 PM.
                        I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

I am junkie for swedish high quality shitboxes. my latest fix is this...

robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

That's fucking horrible. As for driver running, shock does crazy things, watching 4 people get killed So suddenly and violently in front of you due to your actions would fuck you up big time, brain goes into overload and can't process. Pretty horrific thing to witness.
                          At least I hope that's the case, not some heartless piece of shit thinking they can get away with it...........

Comment

Don't understand why the Porsche driver is at fault when it was the truck driver possibly having a medical episode that mowed the coppers down? Being caught for speeding on a motorway isnt the reason for the death of 4 coppers.

Comment

Just around a bend. He might not have had time to react.

Something similar happened to me once in the old maverick. A mate and I were towing a falcon home from Geelong on the M1. Came over a rise and all the cars in my lane had stopped behind a cop pulling someone over. It was sheer dumb luck there wasn't anyone in the middle lane when I swerved to avoid a crash. I missed the car in front by inches and I was doing 100.

2 pairs of soiled pants in the maverick that day.

Condolences to the families and the poor truckie if he wasn't being a jerk. That would be hard to live with.

Maverick - gone
                              Turbo AU Ute

Comment

Working...
                              X