4 Police Dead during road traffic stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dansedgli View Post
    Just around a bend. He might not have had time to react.

Something similar happened to me once in the old maverick. A mate and I were towing a falcon home from Geelong on the M1. Came over a rise and all the cars in my lane had stopped behind a cop pulling someone over. It was sheer dumb luck there wasn't anyone in the middle lane when I swerved to avoid a crash. I missed the car in front by inches and I was doing 100.
    Couple of years ago coming back from Bathurst with the race car on the back, was coming down the final hill off the Blue Mountains onto the motorway, that steep left hander that leads onto the steep run down to the start of the motorway. Cops just around the corner of the left hander pulling up a truck I think from memory, there is a 'parking' bay there but traffic had slowed dramatically just around the corner and lots of traffic, I was doing under the speed limit, letting the engine brake down the hill, just managed to change to the right lane as I came around the corner otherwise I would have cleaned up a couple of cars and probably a copper as well! Lucky I had room and didn't hit the brakes! Fuck did I curse!!

Comment

Originally posted by XXX19X View Post
      Don't understand why the Porsche driver is at fault when it was the truck driver possibly having a medical episode that mowed the coppers down? Being caught for speeding on a motorway isnt the reason for the death of 4 coppers.
      Porsche was seen on dash cam doing warp speed going passed everyone in the left lane prior.

Comment

Doesn’t matter or have anything to do with the Porsche driver.

even if he’s the greatest knobend in history, he didn’t kill any of the police. And I’m pretty sure most people have no fucking clue how they would react witnessing this. If he climbed a tree and threw shit at people like a monkey it would also be half excusable.
        Originally posted by Bosshoggett
        If your planing to drive this on the road and enjoy it, id suggest a second opinion, someone with a history in Australian Rally or Fink River . If your just playing dyno comps. Then ok

Comment

Porsche driver's biggest concern now is telling the boss he took the GT2 out for a spin and it isn't coming back. In no way is he responsible for the deaths but sure as shit doesn't have a job.

Comment

Originally posted by Sturmovik View Post

Porsche was seen on dash cam doing warp speed going passed everyone in the left lane prior.
            That footage is a month old. Same car though. Easily 200++. It was a 991 Turbo S.

lorbek has specifically stated that car is nothing to do with them, even before the accident.

It’s only a couple of K from where I live, we had the dogs down at the park (next to the Elgar Rd on-ramp) and heard all of the sirens heading to it at warp speed, and had specifically commented that something awful must have happened.

there seems to be some mutterings that there’s more to the story to come out as well, and homicide squad are now investigating - is that standard for a traffic accident?

Worst loss of life for VicPol in a single incident in their history.

Comment

That would possibly indicate old mate in the truck may have been methed up. You’d really hope not...

Agree re Porsche guy too - might be the worlds biggest fuckhead for doing a runner but the “Oh but he was speeding so he caused this !!!” crowd on FB have already them found guilty of murder x 4...
              The older i get, the better i was...

Comment

Originally posted by XXX19X View Post
                Don't understand why the Porsche driver is at fault when it was the truck driver possibly having a medical episode that mowed the coppers down? Being caught for speeding on a motorway isnt the reason for the death of 4 coppers.
                Says he had a medical incident at the site post crash doesn't it ?
                Originally posted by brasher
                TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

If they don't find drugs in the truckies system then the outrage era will demand an "update" to the 40kph rules.

Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

Comment

Originally posted by Dansedgli View Post
                    Just around a bend. He might not have had time to react
                    Agreed. Police could have been caught up in the excitement and pulled him over wherever and not thought about it. Unlucky.
                    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 23-04-20, 08:31 AM.
                    Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
                    Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

The press conference just on mentioned they completed a warrant at the truckies address overnight, and the items of that warrant are currently part of the investigation....

The Porsche driver seems to have tested positive to a roadside oral drug test, too and is known to police (has a long criminal history).

Comment

Porsche driver had apparently turned himself in - after apparently posting shots he took at the scene on FB

https://www.news.com.au/national/vic...5a5ddd9ed05781
                        don't ask to ride my bike and i won't ask if i can shag your missus

Comment

Originally posted by dillyboy View Post
                          Porsche driver had apparently turned himself in - after apparently posting shots he took at the scene on FB

https://www.news.com.au/national/vic...5a5ddd9ed05781
                          Sounds like this Porsche driver is a real fuckwit! He's in for a world of pain...

Comment

Vic cops so they'd probably shoot on sight (maybe why he's turning himself in).

The truck crashing isn't his fault but I'm sure they'll want to throw the book at him. Is it too long a bow to draw for them to charge him with manslaughter??
                            don't ask to ride my bike and i won't ask if i can shag your missus

Comment

Originally posted by MickyD View Post

That footage is a month old. Same car though. Easily 200++. It was a 991 Turbo S.

Yeah, ive seen it flying down the Eastern a couple of times. Sounded good at full song.
                              Chris
                              ------
                              The new nugget
                              I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

I think based on his behaviour they'll throw everything they can at him, along with a few accidental head knocks to the cell door bars...

Comment

Working...
                                X