4 Police Dead during road traffic stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1uz-zte View Post
    Eh, Truck drivers will be replaced by self driving trucks within 10 years so won't have much affect.
    As long they program 1 in 20 to drive like a fuckwit, just to maintain the status quo

Comment

Originally posted by TMM View Post
      As long they program 1 in 20 not to drive like a fuckwit, just to maintain the status quo

FTFY

Comment

Friend of mine was hit by a dirt bike during a pursuit tonight. Air lifted to hospital with head, neck, pelvic and horrific leg injuries. Just not a job to make practically safe. I had an oh&s guy ride along with me for a couple of nights and it was hilarious. Wanted us to wear hi vis during a dangerous stop, didn’t think we should enter a house where a woman was being beaten by a drunk fuckwit. He did make a good point about us rushing, lights and sirens to a call where a guy said he wanted to shoot police
        I own a two and a half litre Commodore - 8.93 at 142mph

Comment

Originally posted by 1uz-zte View Post
          Eh, Truck drivers will be replaced by self driving trucks within 10 years so won't have much affect.
          yeah, nah. Not in our lifetimes.
          .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post
            yeah, nah. Not in our lifetimes.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	56250b4cdd0895f06b8b45d6.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	548.9 KB
ID:	7244312

I was passed by an autonomous truck on the highway in the US back in 2019. One of the US companies, I think Amazon, have been using them depot to depot since 2016
            "That which does not kill you, will make you very, very sick"

Comment

which is ~30% of trucks on the road max.
              .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by Paddington View Post
                Duty of care: the company that employs the driver is liable. Interesting that they’ve charged an individual but not surprised.
                Its because the individual had a direct duty of care for the driver and violated that.

There is further precedent for the board or directors of the company to also be charged: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-...sland/13070730
                Chris
                ------
                The new nugget
                I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
                  The supervisor prayed with him or some shit, told him he was healed and to get the load of chickens to its destination. All whilst knowing the driver was in no shape to be on the road. Fuck him.
                  if thats the case, then I agree.

Dr Hoon

Comment

Originally posted by takai View Post

Its because the individual had a direct duty of care for the driver and violated that.

There is further precedent for the board or directors of the company to also be charged: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-...sland/13070730
                    My mistake, I was thinking more of an organisation being sued, rather than criminal charges.

Depending on the angle, it does open the door for multiple lawsuits.
                    Originally posted by Stix Z
                    i'm upset i lost that video of that aboriginal woman taking a dump on a train that was on youtube
                    Originally posted by Jim
                    Sorry, am late to this thread. I have been protesting against whitey oppressors all morning with my people. I shall serenade this thread with my didge until nash comes in and puts it all into perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddington View Post

My mistake, I was thinking more of an organisation being sued, rather than criminal charges.

Depending on the angle, it does open the door for multiple lawsuits.
                      Yeah, its quite a different shift from previous practices of suing or laying charges at the organisation. Now they are going after individuals within the org, and even company directors.
                      Chris
                      ------
                      The new nugget
                      I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by mizone View Post
                        I was passed by an autonomous truck on the highway in the US back in 2019. One of the US companies, I think Amazon, have been using them depot to depot since 2016
                        embark trucks? i supplied the INS for them
                        1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s Cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by mizone View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	56250b4cdd0895f06b8b45d6.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	548.9 KB
ID:	7244312

I have worked on those haultrucks, they work extremely well in an environment where there is nothing for them to bump into.
                          Is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

Comment

Originally posted by takai View Post

Yeah, its quite a different shift from previous practices of suing or laying charges at the organisation. Now they are going after individuals within the org, and even company directors.
                            Chain Of Responsibility under Heavy Vehicle National Law, this one was interesting in Springvale. The driver picked up a container with timber and rolled over, the guys who packed and shipped the container got charged because they didn't secure the load inside the container.

https://dandenong.starcommunity.com....-for-rollover/

We have been slow getting to grips with it and have consultants in now advising us on what we need to do to be compliant. We're a tier 2 civil/elec contractor and there is a lot to it. Like the new Vic work manslaughter laws it's not just Directors, but anyone resposible all the way along are liable.

Comment

That chain of custody is next level. Have been designing and certifying transport frames for heaps of stuff on mine sites.
                              3D scanning
                              3D modelling
                              Structural certification
                              3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

Nothing like more paperwork to keep everyone safe

Comment

Working...
                                X