X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talk to me about Rexies bro

Hey cunts,

Been dwelling on this for coming up on 6 months now, but it's time to move my M35 on for something a bit newer. The thing that has taken so long is trying to figure out what I want.
    I started out looking at wagons before moving onto coupes, then sensible sedans and then to hatches. I think I've worked out that I'm looking at 09-13 WRX hatches (bro) to embrace my inner flat brim.

Car will be used as a daily and a bit of a weekender here and there. Based on the kms I've done in the M35 I knock over about 19,000km/yr. I don't generally hold onto cars for too long, so I'd expect to keep this for 3-4 years too. Maybe less if I start acting my age in that time.
    I'm looking at cars with under the 100,000km mark and am aware the servicing on the EJ255 calls for a timing belt at 125k.

I'm also aware that this era of the EJ had issues with rings, but I'm not sure to what extent.
    Short of that, I'm not really clued up much on Subaru-specific stuff, though I did have an 86 a handful of years ago so I do know general Subaru donk stuff (such as doing plugs is fucked).

What am I missing? Will this be a ballache?
    Last edited by Cock Fist; 07-05-20, 10:54 AM.

Why have you chosen the ugliest model?

Comment

Originally posted by willsy01 View Post
      Why have you chosen the ugliest model?
      Bugeye was early 2000s

A few reasons. Main one is because I actually don't hate them.

Comment

Buy a stock one with a good service history.

Tons will have had factory recall done - and it was more sti than wrx that had the ring issues.

Most of the car is fairly solid and sorted.
        Originally posted by brasher
        TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ View Post
          Buy a stock one with a good service history.

Tons will have had factory recall done - and it was more sti than wrx that had the ring issues.

Most of the car is fairly solid and sorted.
          Yeah, I have no interest in flat brim spec ones. There's a few for sale at the moment that the retards have already fucked up, so I'll steer clear of those.
          That said, I'll probably end up doing a TMIC, Exhuast, Intake and wheels myself, so I will settle for something with these boxes already ticked if it's otherwise unmolested.

I take it the 5 speed is nothing to be concerned about if it's been well maintained?

Comment

Every bloke in your neck of the woods has a Subie and for good reason
            Originally posted by TK
            may 10 thousand malaria carrying mozzies attack their syphillis sores simultaniously whilst their shrivelled genitalia are nibbled by hungry gofers

Comment

Originally posted by leadlight View Post
              Heaps of povo packs with cannons, but not many that are actually tasteful or actual Rexies.

Comment

Originally posted by leadlight View Post
                Because both the car and the owner have two heads?
                Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Buy one with a fucked motor, install EZ30, win at wrxlife without the vape burble.

Comment

Originally posted by piss98 View Post

Because both the car and the owner have two heads?
                    Boom^Tish!
                    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

shitboxes

buyer an evo.

Comment

Originally posted by [RX3] View Post
                        shitboxes

buyer an evo.
                        No thanks, I work with bitsaremissins

Comment

Newer 5 speeds are far more robust than the early glass ones.

Still, don't be out there making 400hp and flat shifting.
                          Originally posted by brasher
                          TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ View Post
                            Newer 5 speeds are far more robust than the early glass ones.

Still, don't be out there making 400hp and flat shifting.
                            Good to know, ta mate.

Comment

The one that have the same body as the sti cone with the vf52 turbo. Fantastic unit. And I hate vf turbos.
                              ECUs are tuneable.
                              You would be fairly safe for a long time at 200wkw on 98.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Torque sells tow cars.
                              Horsepower wins horse races.

Comment

Working...
                              X