Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cars you miss...

Had a search for a similar topic and couldn’t find one.

Like many here, have been around since the start of PF, lived vicariously through many of you, but have also owned a few cars of my own fit for PF in that time. My question is, what car do you miss?

For me, I miss two.

First one is my 1994 Mazda Astina SP, my forum namesake car. Written off on New Years 2004 after 8 years of ownership. Fantastic car, the BP1800 Twin Cam revved its tits off, slick 5 speed, great suspension that would cock an inside rear wheel through sharp enough bends, good enough brakes and just a fun place to be. Not fast, but holy crap it was fun.

The other car I miss is my 2007 Mazda 3 MPS, my first ever new car. See my avatar. First drive was ‘holy shit’ and it got better from there. Phenomenal torque and handling through fast flowing corners. Tweaked it a bit with even bigger brakes from stock, more boost, bigger exhaust, bigger intercooler, coil overs, sticky rubber...absolute weapon. Got good above 140km/h but was next to useless around town, still regret getting rid of it and have been looking for another one recently that’s not too fucked up. So many roll on laughs, but it sucked off a standing start!

Easy question to answer:
    82 RX-7 turbo. Final iteration was Bridge ported with T04. Want back bad.
    GT40. Won't have time or money to build something like that again without divorce. Crazy hot Ukrainian model of the automotive world. What a blast though, but too much too live with forever. Like looking at pictures of it, dunno if I could take her back though.
    Exige - stuck in another state for a few months due to Bat poo issues currently infesting our lives. One day...

Comment

My first car, a Subaru Brumby. Had a really hard life, quite a few mods and kept coming back for more. Sold it to a mate who rolled it.
      Leyland P76 V8. I mean, come on, a V8. Why wouldn't I miss it.
      WB Kingswood ute. Another one that ended up quite modded. 308 with VR Commodore injection about 20 years ago before it was common. Backed by a Tremec TKO 5 speed. Good fun.

Comment

I had a white early 3 door 323 with a bridge port 13b. I loved that car and miss it.
        I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

My ZG Fairlane.

I miss that old cruiser. Was suprisingly quick around a track as well....

My second car, a Stanza SSS that had a fair bit of work done to it. Was an indecently quick little jigger for the time and stuck to the road like shit to a blanket.

Comment

My first ever dedicated circuit car. Think i paid $2500 for a basic Series 1 RX-7 with alloy bolt in cage, a 12a and horrendous 5 speed.

Ended up being stripped to a bare shell and eventually a Top 5 State level IPRA car (back in the day when we had 30 and 40 car grids in NSW), even grafted a Series 2 front and rear on it. I think the only thing left of the original car i'd bought was the body, window glass, and dash...

Race spec 13B bridgeport, quad throttle body Phil Laird manifold, close ratio 5 speed (1:1 5th) PPG dogbox, 5.11 LSD etc. It was just so nice to drive handling wise, i could literally have it sideways full noise and yet so predictable. Series 6 front calipers on Series 5 rotors, so under brakes it would just destroy the heavier cars. And that sound. Absolutely loved it...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Paul's iphone 8+ 073.JPG Views:	0 Size:	24.5 KB ID:	7141795
            Last edited by Fatboy; 08-05-20, 11:09 PM.
            The older i get, the better i was...

Comment

My first car. 75 RX4 coupe, 13B large extend port, injected with 55mm IDA throttle bodies. Was a hoot to drive and a bit of a weapon in it's time. Had big plans but life happened and i moved on. Was an excellent p plate car, so much so that I kept it for 7 years in total.

Comment

Heaps of rotaries so far!

Comment

My second mini.
                  Got stolen in 1986.
                  Had a freshly built 1310cc Cooper S motor in it, hadn't even been run in properly.
                  Lots of minis & mokes including a G13b powered Sports Sedan, a couple of Swift Gtis, a Goggomobil, Porsche 928S, Polo Gti, BMW 540i, a WRX and a few others.

Comment

My first 911. I know the guy who owns it now. Every now and the. I asking if he wants to sell it back to me. Not sure if I actually want to tho lol.
                    Originally posted by S
                    I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

Comment

My XC falcon gxl - crashed it into a van that ran a stop sign.
                      my Porsche 911SC. The most iconic car I’ve ever owned.
                      LB Lancer rally car from my 20’s. I really regret not parking it up at the olds for a decade or two.
                      VN club car. I shouldn’t have sold that. It didn’t need much to get it where I wanted it to be.

I do regret not digging deeper on a few purchases that have since jacked in value. Getting the SC instead of a 930, buying the GTST and not the GTR etc.
                      Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
                      my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

My second and third cars were a 1993 GTi Corolla and then an S15. The GTI was a fun little car seemed quick in its day, motor screamed to 7800 rpm. The S15 is just so raw and if I can find another reasonably unmodified Blue manual I'll buy it.

Comment

For a long time I thought I'd be happy to have the E28 528 M that I'd had back in my life.

Thinking back now, I'm pleased to have had so many different cars in my time and of course with today's knowledge would have retained many of them, but they all came and went for their own reasons and I'm not unhappy with that.

When was the last time you saw a 250 ci XLE TC Cortina ?
                          " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

I want them all back, except the 1992 Holden Nova hatch I bought off the Bumper 2 Bumper franchisee at Aspley. 3 speed auto sucked balls on the highway.
                            "Beware the lollipop of mediocrity: lick it once and you'll suck forever" Brian Wilson

Comment

Plenty of rotor love so far, may aswell add another to the list. Certainly miss my first car, series 2 RX7, had a John Waterhouse built 13b extend port with the obligatory 48ida weber. Went like a shower of poo (compared to my mates r31 at the time). It was fairly clapped out, black paint was average at best and from memory the interior was pretty much a mix of all the 1st gen interior colour schemes (black, red, Brown). Cut springs, locked diff, bent struts for more camber lols. And like any disrespecting p plater of the time I drove the ass out of it everywhere I went. Few runs up and down the Clyde Mountain at warp factor death. Never binned it though (somehow).

Ended up pulling it apart for some reason and sold it all. Was a good rig...now ive got another in the garage (alongside the 808).

Comment

Working...
                              X