Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VicRoads rego check from ACT?

Have a car that was Vic reg and ACT won’t re register it without a Vic roads inspection. Can that be done from the ACT or am I looking at a road trip?
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Originally posted by Jim View Post
    Have a car that was Vic reg and ACT won’t re register it without a Vic roads inspection. Can that be done from the ACT or am I looking at a road trip?
    what?? why?? that makes no sense...

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
    2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Comment

Road trip.

Why would act want a vic roads inspection?
      .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Why do they care what VIC think? Shady past in Mexico?

Comment

No it’s a repairable write off hail car. Because it was previously registered in Vic they won’t accept anything but a Vic rego check.
          Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Do you mean rwc?

Check vic​​​​​​ roads website. I seem to recollect there are some garages out of vic that are licenced to do vic rwc

...or maybe it was engineers for car mods...

Hmm .sounds like a an inconclusive forg response
            Last edited by 9triton; 25-05-20, 10:50 AM.

Comment

I think they want me to re register it in Vic which I’m not sure I can do without a Vic licence and address?

Comment

Ahh if its the inspection to certify that its been reapiared correctly . You need to book with vic roads inspection centre. ( Like the old pit inspection).
                that procedure is on their website... That i do know..

Wodonga is nice this time of year..

Comment

I think they want me to re register it in Vic which I’m not sure I can do without a Vic licence and address?
                  Just need garage adress in Vic.fir your car . You can be act....

But paying vic rego and stamp duty and then what ?cashing that in awith losses and rereg in act?
                  Last edited by 9triton; 25-05-20, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Yep. That’s the impression I’m getting.
                    it takes about 2 hours on hold to contact Access Canberra at the moment.

Comment

No it’s a repairable write off hail car. Because it was previously registered in Vic they won’t accept anything but a Vic rego check.
                      Ah so they'll want it to be signed off the Vic repairable write off register as repaired. That maybe a different thing to a normal rego check, but I dunno..

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
                      2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Comment

Rego check or a VIV inspection?

https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/regi...viv-inspection

Your vehicle needs a VIV inspection if it:
                        • is recorded as a ‘repairable write-off’ in the Written-Off Vehicles Register (WOVR), and you want to register or re-register it
                        • is being transferred from interstate, and VicRoads has asked you for a VIV certificate before it can be registered in Victoria
                        • was recorded as a statutory write-off before 2002, was registered in Victoria before 1 May 2002, has since had its Victorian registration cancelled, and now you want to register it.

If your vehicle’s a repairable write-off that’s more than 15 years old, and it’s never failed a VIV inspection, you don’t need a VIV certificate.

Last edited by Greasystick; 25-05-20, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Cheers, that sounds like it may be it.
                          will research some more!

Comment

That’s going to be fun if you can’t cross the border without quarantine
                            ---
                            Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Yeah I may have to push it over the border with a long broom.

Comment

Working...
                              X