X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

infiniti q50s 3.0 tt - school me.

gents,

been out with the nopics shopping for cars. driven a whole heap of cars from an a4 to a skoda superb via a golf r wagon etc. accidentally called into a nissan / ex infiniti dealer who is clearing stock.

drove a 2019 q50s, and a 2017 q50s, same spec etc just one has 30,000km on it. the new one is $46k, the used $30k.used has alcantara steerign wheel and gtr paddles, akrapovic exhaust tips and carbon pack. 237kw twin turbo v6 mean the thing fucken flies. nopics loves all the toys etc.

now i know nothign about these, does anyone on here?

list price for it is 87k new btw....
    I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

I am junkie for swedish high quality shitboxes. my latest fix is this...

robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

if you can get the new one for <40....

Comment

nope, no movement on the new ones. apparently nissan are paying dealers 20k per car to discount and sell em. tbh the used one seems a better buy, plus its the blue she wants. does anyone know if these things are a hand grenade?

Comment

Dual screens are odd

how was the steering?

im keen to try it as it’s steer by wire

Comment

steering felt good, it weighted up in sport plus mode nicely. parking was easy too. top screen is sat nav, bottom audio/climate etc. hand rests nicely on gearlever to tweak screens.

well that looks fun, 450bhp and 480 ft lb....
          https://aamcompetition.com/i-2407495...g-package.html

Comment

The stuff I’ve read about them is only about them being a bit behind-the-times for their Intended market-segment. That sort of stuff you don’t care about, as anything that bothers you you’d know after test-driving.
            Nissan ain’t what it used to be, but these don’t seem to have a widespread reputation for being a disaster waiting to assplode; but with so few of those engines around, there wouldn’t necessarily be a lot of common knowledge about them.
            Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

They've got a stupid pop up exploding bonnet which are way over sensitive and cost $7k to repair. Even driving over a pot hole or cattle grid can set it off.
              Oh and you'll be waiting months for parts to turn up.

Dealer in canberra didn't even know how to fix it.

We had one at work.

Insurance didn't want to fix it as they blamed it on the car, dealer said it would only pop due to an accident.
              I think the car was back on the road after 9 months.
              Last edited by Sturmovik; 30-05-20, 09:08 PM.

Comment

yeah, some basic google throws up lots of "baby r35 engine" and not many mechanichal issues. parts seem cheap. hmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Sturmovik View Post
                  They've got a stupid pop up exploding bonnet which are way over sensitive and cost $7k to repair.
                  Oh and you'll be waiting months for parts to turn up.

We had one at work.
                  interesting. still, its upto the insurer to provide a loan car i the policy says, and most cars have the bonnet thing. vw audi do. worth noting though, thank you.

Comment

Had the Q60 (coupe) 3.0TT as a rental in LA last year. Remember it being pretty rapid, steering a little vague and infotainment not exactly being cutting edge. But liked it a lot.

$30k for a 2017 Q50 with mods sounds alright, you’d probably get it for even less with EOFY coming up and COVID-19 impacts...if you could handle it being an orphan and possible parts issues, worth a shot.

Comment

IMHO Infinti's are the most underrated cars.Build better than a Lexus, but somehow don't seem to last as long.

Except the drive by wire steering on the sedan I expirenced. Fuck that was woeful.

I like the soft roader with the 5 litre V8 in it, but it costs the bomb.

Again, in my opinion,. Pay NOTHING for it and enjoy for ten years. Then dig a hole and bury it, cos at resale no one will know what it is.

Edit. The softroader is the QX 50 with the 5 litre V8. This is the Seb Vettel version

Click image for larger version

Name:	1920px-Infiniti_FX_Sebastian_Vettel_Version.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	268.1 KB
ID:	7148898

Attached Files
                      Last edited by mizone; 31-05-20, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

pics of the 2017. hope that works...

Comment

That looks like a nice place to be

Comment

Working...
                              X