What power tool do I need?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it loses a lot of power with the little angle drive unit it uses. The type that mizone posted has direct drive rather than having to translate it 90deg and they tend to stay a lot cooler and have more power. But conversely the motor hanging off the side makes it harder to manoeuvre.
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

One hand on the motor, the other on the trigger grip. On my back, upside down, arms above head on a booger weld it works a treat.

Comment

Originally posted by mizone View Post
        One hand on the motor, the other on the trigger grip. On my back, upside down, arms above head on a booger weld it works a treat.
        More that the motor hanging off the side makes it wider than the Ozito. I bought the Ozito one to do a few bits and pieces on turbo pipes and it is so much easier than the air one i have in the same form factor as the one from TT
        Chris
        ------
        The new nugget
        I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

You can get attachments for your angle grinder as well if you want a bit more power, but it won't be as compact.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Quick-Ch...frcectupt=true

Pneumatic ones are probably the most compact.

Makita and Metabo make some decent electric ones.

Some 12v cordless stuff available now as well.

Use decent belts for best results.

Comment

Working...
          X