X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boothy.com Vic roads deems plates 'WEPN' offensive and cancels plates

saw this :

https://7news.com.au/travel/victoria...oads-c-1111087

A Victorian man has had his personalised registration plates on his car cancelled after VicRoads deemed them offensive.

Peter Hansen from Portland has had the plates on his Torana for ten years without a problem, but they were suddenly recalled because they “reference violence”.

The plates spell out the word ‘weapon’ in four letters: ‘WEPN
    The Torana has been a feature at dozens of legal drag races and is known among car lovers.

“I’ve been pulled over by the police to check out my vehicle and they’ve told me how nice of a car I’ve got, but there are never any hoon fines,” he said.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	71061f7e8f6e3d544d7e9c230b74c3947eeb4423.jpg.png Views:	9 Size:	275.6 KB ID:	7158200
    Last edited by 9triton; 28-06-20, 09:34 PM.

evidently been on car for 10 years

Click image for larger version  Name:	vicroads-letter-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	112.6 KB ID:	7158202

Comment

Yeah, apparently also going after any plates referring to fast or quick too.
      I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

l,ook out Nick Giannopoulos

Click image for larger version

Name:	21371734-7717431-image-a-65_1574505812743.jpg
Views:	645
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	7158205

Comment

They've been cracking down for awhile. Plenty cancelled and many can't be ordered anymore.

Can't get 747 or JET plates anymore, plenty of muzza's are distraught and their VL Turbo's are left wanting.
          ​​​​​​
          Originally posted by Mudkicker
          How many blowjobs to pay off that debt?

Comment

I’m offended by how offended everyone is getting about everything. 2020 is the turning point in history where the world bitched out

Comment

That offends me. Mods remove that guys post

Comment

Kinda dumb but who cares. Can he say it means "weeping" because people be cryin' when they see how nice his torrie is?

Hopefully these people go back to normal plates to hit prickroads where it hurts but in sure they will just find some other barely sensical character combination to pay money for.

Comment

Good to see Vic has its priorities in order, Bet he could sent a letter back titled Black Cars Matter and they'd okay it.

Comment

Do they get reimbursed for what the plates cost in the first place?

Comment

Meanwhile, QLD Police drive around like they're sponsored by Mortal Kombat...

Comment

I might be in trouble then for the plates on the barge.

Especially with flagstaffs and the Mozambique flag.....

I don't think DSP07 is PC and acceptable these days.

I'm just dirty Qld did the 3 numbers 3 letters in any order 12 months after I got my plates.

Comment

then this way back in 2011. lawyer with 'kiki' plates gets to keep her offensive plates

cliffs kiki means ' cunt ' in phillipino taglong. so some bozo complained … unsuccessfully

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...7a5cec2a60f8fd

NSW woman says she is being relentlessly pursued by state road authorities because her personalized number plate means "vagina" in another language, news.com.au reported Wednesday.
                          The Roads and Traffic Authority (RTA) says the number plate bearing the name - "Kiki" - is the same word used for vagina in the Filipino language, Tagalog, and wanted them removed.
                          Kristen Perry, a lawyer from Newcastle, said she was informed of her "offensive" nickname after first receiving her personalized plates five years ago as a gift from her husband, the Newcastle Herald reports.
                          "At first I thought it was a joke, but then I realized it was actually quite serious and that my number plates would be taken off me if I didn't respond appropriately," Perry told ABC.
                          "Quite frankly it's a bit of a funny thing, but at the same time quite a bit scary that we've got people that can just report a number plate that seems quite inoffensive to 99 percent of us out there, but one percent have an issue with it."

"The RTA has a responsibility to investigate complaints about personalised plate content, but we recognise that in doing this we must take a common sense approach,’’ a spokeswoman said today.

"‘We recognise in this case a common sense approach was not adopted and Ms Perry will retain the content of her plates."

Comment

Clearly VicRoads are not aware that the definition of weapon is also: anything that serves to outwit or get the better of an opponent, eg: his power of speech was his best weapon..

It does not just mean an object or instrument used in fighting....
                            /csh Racing

Comment

Originally posted by 9triton View Post
                              then this way back in 2011. lawyer with 'kiki' plates gets to keep her offensive plates

cliffs kiki means ' cunt ' in phillipino taglong. so some bozo complained … unsuccessfully

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...7a5cec2a60f8fd

Even if her plates were literally VAGINA, it's still not offensive.... anyone who finds that offensive should probably go ask their mum how they were made and where they came out of....
                              /csh Racing

Comment

Working...
                              X