X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is interesting for Queenslanders.

https://www.arma.net.au/2020/10/29/a...land-election/

Scroll down just below half way..
    90 days of use and you don't get a rego bill until the days have been used... I can't see it happening, but that would be excellent! I have cars I wouldn't pay rego on for 10 years under these rules!

Comment

I read it as you buy 90 day blocks at a 75% discount.

But either way, if it does happen will be great news for Queensland enthusiasts.

Just have to hope it's controlled a but better than what seemed to be the case in Victoria with all the shit boxes on the club rego down there.

Comment

That's how I read it too.
        All of my cars are V8's so The bill might go closer to $400, but would last for y-e-a-r-s...
        And the cost for a bike should go down..
        I hope it's real.....

Comment

I don't want to get my hopes up but that'd be a pretty sweet scheme.
          LS Powered FD3S RX7

Comment

Looks like they are at least meeting to review the Qld SIVS scheme, this is from August 2020

https://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/Do.../5620T1401.pdf

Skip to p78 for SIVS discussions.. None of it looks too promising really.. and I really cant imagine govco putting much resources towards revamping a scheme that is only utilised by a small minority of road users.
            Any changes will take a long time to eventuate....

Comment

The ARMA setup would work nicely I reckon.

| 1963 RK43 Toyota Lite-Stout (Stanley) | 2002 EC5W Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type-S (Larry) |

Comment

Originally posted by uuheels View Post
                I hope it's real.....
                Any idea when we might know?
                The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Comment

The system down here is fucking awesome. Get one like that.

IIRC can be modded, but only to a certain point with out engineering. ~$80 for 45 days per year (I never do all 45).

It's a brilliant system.

.... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

About the only good thing down there

| 1963 RK43 Toyota Lite-Stout (Stanley) | 2002 EC5W Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type-S (Larry) |

Comment

Working...
                    X