DCT-anyone running one in aftermarket setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DCT-anyone running one in aftermarket setup

Just seeing if anyone is running a DCT in an aftermarket scenario. Im currently adapting an M3 DCT to SR20det with standalone GCU.
    Last edited by bigmat; 13-09-20, 10:56 PM.

Could you share some more details mate, sounds interesting

Comment

sure... SR20 with BMW M3 DCT. Using HTG GCU for the megatronics. Custom adapter and center spigot are in production right now and ill be retaining and using the the flexplate out of an Automatic SR. If that ends up being to light for engine harmonics ill go to a dual mass flywheel. Getting the DCT into RA28 Celica maybe a bit challenging but im sure the angle grinder wont say no to the challenge lol

Both gearboxes and engine were CMM to retrieve correct data. I used my 3D printer and laser cutting solutions to prove the parts and general location and rotation of all wholes and alignment but only the master will have precise geometry and fit. Looks good im happy with how its all progressing. Maybe a few pics in the future
      Last edited by bigmat; 13-09-20, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmat View Post
        sure... SR20 with BMW M3 DCT. Using HTG TCM for the megatronics. Custom adapter and center spigot are in production right now and ill be retaining and using the the flexplate out of an Automatic SR. If that ends up being to light for engine harmonics ill go to a dual mass flywheel. Getting the DCT into RA28 Celica maybe a bit challenging but im sure the angle grinder wont say no to the challenge lol

Both gearboxes and engine were CMM to retrieve correct data. I used my 3D printer and laser cutting solutions to prove the parts and general location and rotation of all wholes and alignment but only the master will have precise geometry and fit. Looks good im happy with how its all progressing. Maybe a few pics in the future Its in production ATM.
        An extravagantly complex solution to a question no one ever would ask, with a budget far exceeding the final outcome.

Welcome aboard the mighty PF, you'll fit in here swell!
        "Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

yeah the IRS is worse lol .....because we can dosent mean we should lol cheers

Comment

I've seen people have started doing this for GTR's. Whilst it would seem like a very expensive experiment it is a lot cheaper than a ppg sequential and will be a lot more drivable.
            I'm hanging out for someone to do the same for subaru, though im not holding my breath.
            Torque sells tow cars.
            Horsepower wins horse races.

Comment

https://youtu.be/hExwkSNWOSo

K20 swap into an FD RX7 with dct.
              If in doubt power out

Comment

Originally posted by Kiahatsiu View Post
                I've seen people have started doing this for GTR's. Whilst it would seem like a very expensive experiment it is a lot cheaper than a ppg sequential and will be a lot more drivable.
                HPR in the Netherlands -> https://apps.facebook.com/Hprtuning/...00951654793072

BMW M4 Getrag into R32. Apparently bolt in. USD$9k.
                "Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

yeah cool. I wonder what DCT transmission they used for the swap?? GTR box is not the smallest to start with.

Comment

Mate has got an M4 tranny, supposedly getting a controller from Poland....whether it ever eventuates in a running car is the question. Weight of the things, probably the biggest downside!

Comment

Do R32's assplode gearboxes which are then unobtainium? Or is the replacement with an auto for racing purposes?
                      Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
                        Do R32's assplode gearboxes which are then unobtainium? Or is the replacement with an auto for racing purposes?
                        R32 gearboxes go bang when people make big power. Normal upgrade route is a R34 6 speed but they are big $$$ now and the power people are putting out is killing them too. E85 and modern turbos has completely changed the power ceiling people are making. Where 350-450awkw use to be insane life seems to now start at 500awkw+.
                        If in doubt power out

Comment

Garage Whifbitz to a kit for the JZA80. https://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/gar...onversion.html

The DCT box is a big bit of gear.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dctgearbox4.jpg
Views:	1144
Size:	160.5 KB
ID:	7176899

CJ Motorsports in the US are also working on something for the 370Z https://www.facebook.com/cjmotorspor...02160449958185

Would be in interesting conversion to do, if you can physically fit the box. Wonder what sort of power these things handle before shit starts to go bang???
                          '03 350Z - Street & track [SOLD]
                          '12 Megane 8:08 - Street & track [SOLD]
                          '15 VW Touareg - Daily & tow car [SOLD]
                          '99 Evo 6 - Track
                          '74 Mazda 808 - Daily/Resto project [SOLD]
                          '10 Swift Sport of boredom
                          '14 BMW M235i

Comment

700nm and 1000hp way more than what i need. Box is tall yes but it has been put into Miata's without tunnel mods. So i would say any modern car has a chance of fitting it. I bought an oil cooler relocation kit and neutral block of to use as well. Im using the Polish guys HTG CGU . Time will tell if it all works the way i want it to lol

Comment

Elise Racing in the UK do a lot of work with the BMW DCT boxes.
                              https://www.eliseracing.com/dct-bmw

Comment

Working...
                              X