Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POR15 vs KBS vs Rust Bullet vs Raptor vs ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POR15 vs KBS vs Rust Bullet vs Raptor vs ???

In the past I have used both POR15 and KBS for various things, but generally for coating rough surfaces or already rusty surfaces.

Im about to build a canopy for the Hilux, and going to need a coating that will be able to cop a beating. Normally i would just use POR15, but it seems that PPPCo have stopped importing it. KBS wasnt as durable for the old Hilux tray either, and doesnt come in the same range of colours.

So has anyone used Rust Bullet or the Raptor poly liner? Or is there something else out there that works well for brush on or HVLP painting?
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Prob just check what is cheaper
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

Rhino Liner?
      Apparently it sticks well to your hootus.
      Last edited by awdmoke; 17-09-20, 09:12 AM. Reason: hootus
      Lots of minis & mokes including a G13b powered Sports Sedan, a couple of Swift Gtis, a Goggomobil, Porsche 928S, Polo Gti, BMW 540i, a WRX and a few others.

Comment

Be aware some of the KBS stuff is not UV resistant, and it will look like arse if it's exposed to the sun.

Comment

I think POR isn't UV resistant either.

Comment

Interesting to read about POR 15 not being available in Australia any more.

If it's a tray then the "Truck Bed Liner" stuff is the go for abuse

I'm about to do the tray and inside tail gate. Plan is to rough surface up with scotch brite green pad and spray a sealer on it, then hit it with a bed liner. I've had a good run with the Duplicolour spray on cans with the underbody and fuel tank of the Mustang. Keen to see how it holds up to UV and abuse in the tray.

Bully Liner isn't available off the shelf in metro WA. Raptor is easily available but hellishly expensive compared to Duplicolour.
            Sent from my shed, trapped under a collapsed QuickJack, via Tapatalk

Comment

KBS supposedly has bed liner, but only on the US website: https://www.kbs-coatings.com/kbs-bed-liner.html

Weirdly it claims to be USA Made, so unless the KBS here: https://www.kbs-coatings.com.au is different to the KBS in the US.... i dunno.

POR15 seems to be sometimes available. I think they changed distributor from ppcco to SAPE, and hence there is a lag in restocking.
              Chris
              ------
              The new nugget
              I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Fullboost guys did a video on the 'Bully' liner from CarBuilders on an old F350 - Both tray and front bodywork. Looked pretty good and not a complete PITA to apply -

Not sure if Broomy (Mr Parts) is still on here to let us know how it's holding up since?

Comment

Well this sucks about Bully:

Unfortunately, due to issues that Nutech Paint is having with raw materials, Bully Liner is currently not being produced or distributed in Australia. They are looking to resolve this issue. We are in regular communication with Nutech and we will update its status as soon as we are informed. Alternatively, you can contact Nutech Paints directly (03 9770 3000). We apologise for any inconvenience.
                  Chris
                  ------
                  The new nugget

Comment

Do these bed liners work well for chassis/underbody protection as well?

Supercheap sell Stone Shield as well, but not sure this compares to the bed liner. https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/...en_AU&start=43

Comment

Originally posted by 080GMH View Post
                      Do these bed liners work well for chassis/underbody protection as well?

Supercheap sell Stone Shield as well, but not sure this compares to the bed liner. https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/...en_AU&start=43
                      See post number 6. I've used the Duplicolour bed liner for this purpose. Looks good and works a treat.

Do not use the Septone stuff, it's crap.

Comment

Update.

Well the Duplicolour was sold out at Supercrap. I did grab the last bottle of Bully Liner and will use a roller to apply. Will post pics once I get some time to do it.

Comment

The importers of POR15 were some South Africans in Warriewood here in NSW. They are no longer doing so and selling some other product made by one of the original guys who did Por15. My local paint guy here in Southern Sydney now deals directly with POR15 and is selling it for what the Saffas were 10yrs ago.

Comment

Originally posted by McMulla View Post
                            The importers of POR15 were some South Africans in Warriewood here in NSW. They are no longer doing so and selling some other product made by one of the original guys who did Por15. My local paint guy here in Southern Sydney now deals directly with POR15 and is selling it for what the Saffas were 10yrs ago.
                            Who is your local paint guy?
                            Chris
                            ------
                            The new nugget

Comment

Europa 2k Finishes. Very unlikely to post to VIC one would think.

Comment

Working...
                              X