Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early WRX's, what models will be desirable in the future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early WRX's, what models will be desirable in the future?

I know this is a bit of a crystal ball topic, but what model WRX's will be desirable in the future?

After selling my R32 GTR a 8 years back and watching it appreciate, I'm thinking one of these may be a good investment to put in the back of my garage.

Any advice or other suggestions would be appreciated

I think you're about 3 years too late.

GC8 2 door STi would have been my pick.

Comment

Originally posted by 1uz-zte View Post

Agree, i was thinking an early STI may still be a good pick up.... Otherwise hit me with some other ideas?

Comment

4 door MY00 non STI manual. There's one in Warwick last I saw on carsales.

edit: I have no idea.
        Last edited by 1uz-zte; 03-10-20, 02:55 PM.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...37132523655896

Think the ship has sailed on GC8s and now others are catching up
          "It takes beer to make thirst worth while."

Comment

Ship had sailed on most. The last of the hatchback models would be worth watching as they lower in price

Comment

Originally posted by 1uz-zte View Post

Were they ever particularly affordable, though?
              I thought they'd started at the ~$60k they were imported as, and by, say, 3 years later any without 800k kms of track usage & three assploded engines were worth what they'd cost new, and they'd slowly embiggened in value since?
              Or not?
              Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

I've been looking for a low perfect body/interior wise MY00 Wrx in in crystal silver for ages. Just just don't turn up.

If could find one I'll squirrel it away until I find donor MY05 sti to transplant mechanicals.

​​​​​​Sigh...

Comment

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
                  Were they ever particularly affordable, though?
                  I thought they'd started at the ~$60k they were imported as, and by, say, 3 years later any without 800k kms of track usage & three assploded engines were worth what they'd cost new, and they'd slowly embiggened in value since?
                  Or not?
                  Gc8 STi's have been as low as the low twentys, some rough examples maybe into the teens but not today. I never got the appeal of the GC8 STi as unlike the newer cars there wasn't lot separating from the base WRX.

Comment

Originally posted by MZ21 View Post

Gc8 STi's have been as low as the low twentys, some rough examples maybe into the teens but not today. I never got the appeal of the GC8 STi as unlike the newer cars there wasn't lot separating from the base WRX.
                    2dr. Purely because 2dr.
                    That’s why I don’t think the 4drs imported in the next model-year will do as well over a WRX.
                    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Originally posted by LINCOLN View Post
                      Ship had sailed on most. The last of the hatchback models would be worth watching as they lower in price
                      Agree, the STI Widebody hatches will become a hero car. Probably have only a little bit more to depreciate and then the ship will be at the port.

Comment

You're probably best off picking up a good 350z or 200sx for under $20k if you can find one (6 months ago you could).. A standard Gc8 is probably going back up the curve, but I don't even think is still that great.

GFC .. S15 have gone off the charts.. some bloke on here was selling one for 10k a few months ago too https://performanceforums.com/forums...sale-melbourne - would'a bought in a flash too.. just have no room.

Find an EVO ?
                        Last edited by fury; 03-10-20, 07:55 PM.
                        RIP Simon - Ghost ride that whip in the clouds forever..

Comment

I've got a 95 WRX that I still think is worth fuck all but the pre 99/00 WRX are becoming rare. 95 wrx wagons like mine were Au was 150. Not sure on others but even RS Liberty etc are becoming rare.
                          Last edited by jimmyg; 04-10-20, 03:13 AM.
                          Mmmmmmmmm beer.

Originally posted by ALLMTR
                          You had one fucking job, Imran. One. Now look, there's Flibberty Gibbets all up in here, seeing straight through your ruse. One. Fucking. Job!

Comment

2 door STIs definitely will do the best. It's the only one I'd hold for investment. Buy one now if you are keen [Optional text: but still not as good as an r32 GTR for less $$$.]

Followed by RA,s Spec C's and other limited STIs.

My 2004 JDM STI will do OK, but too many of them around to be an investment.

Comment

The S203 STI recently hit the SEVS list. I'd be looking for a minty low km example to bring in

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X