Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early WRX's, what models will be desirable in the future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still yearn for one of those mustard yellow club spec eco 4’s
    Last edited by brasher; 04-10-20, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Anything unmolested.

Late 20's early 30's all want them. Guys in their 40's who had one still pine for a good one. I see a lot of chicks in their late teens ealry 20's in my neighbourhood drive them. I think that a unmodded one will be a hard find in a few years.

I also think anyone who had a R33 GTSt when they were anewish thing will want a good unmodded one. Those things are getting rare with every teenager finding that HICAS on a bend in the wet is a reciepe for a life and death situation.
      Sent from my shed, trapped under a collapsed QuickJack, via Tapatalk

Comment

If you could find an unmolested Subaru Liberty - Blitzen - not sure if they will increase in value

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wave...dan/1247151774
        "It takes beer to make thirst worth while."

Comment

My bro sold his 4 door GC8 Sti earlier this year for more than he paid for it 10 years ago. He was pretty stoked.
          2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
          2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
          I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Work colleague has an immaculate gc8 Sti I'm not sure if it's 2 or 4dr. But has less than 30k on the odo. I think he takes it out a few times a year to do a run then goes back in the shed on stands.
            Last edited by Luke352; 04-10-20, 01:14 PM.

Comment

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...-6843863/?Cr=5
              "It takes beer to make thirst worth while."

Comment

FWIW older HSV's still have a bit to go.

I reckon a good VE GTS/Calais will go right up, as probably will upper spec VF's given time.

Have we seen FPV's and tickfords etc go up in value recently?
                .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

That seems a good buy?
                  .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by mizone View Post
                    Anything unmolested.

I also think anyone who had a R33 GTSt when they were anewish thing will want a good unmodded one. Those things are getting rare with every teenager finding that HICAS on a bend in the wet is a reciepe for a life and death situation.
                    I couldn't think of anything more boring than a stock one. The r32 GTS-T was a much more engaging car. Although similar to a completely stock r32 GTR, people may fall over themselves to pay a big price for less fun. I still don't get it.

Things have certainly changed since the 60-70 classics where it's only a few rare models where people will pay silly prices for "matching numbers " type cars...otherwise tastefully modified is fine.
                    Last edited by fury; 04-10-20, 06:03 PM.
                    RIP Simon - Ghost ride that whip in the clouds forever..

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post

I reckon a good VE GTS/Calais will go right up, as probably will upper spec VF's given time.

The only thing against the later HSV stuff is the numbers they were produced in. There was something like 10 times as many VT clubsports then there were VS. So for VE and VF there was probably multiple times as many again.

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post

From my poking around lately some things I have noticed

1: Pretty much any manual pre BA Falcon is going up fast. Even pov pack AUs are highly sought after and hard to find in manual. Xr6/Xr8 from EA-AU are $12,000up. Cheapest manual AU on carsales is an xr6 180,000kms for $19500. Automatics are still worthless for most models.

2: VN-VX SS and HSV all seem to be increasing in value and difficult to find. I've been keeping an eye out for a Tiger Mica VT SS for ages now and haven't seen a single one for sale anywhere. Already seen some VF models more than retail.

3: I have seen cheap GC8 era WRXs popping up from $6000 but they are molested units with high Ks.

Comment

Originally posted by fury View Post
                          Things have certainly changed since the 60-70 classics where it's only a few rare models where people will pay silly prices for "matching numbers " type cars...otherwise tastefully modified is fine.
                          60's and 70's muscle cars drove like shit. They were truley a horrible place to be with few having A/C or cruise let alone free flowing ventilation. This has been relised and Resto mods are starting to fetch good money in the US. I think that will trickle down here soon enough.

Back on topic, I think that unmodded early WRX's will fetch good money compared to a modded one as once something is touched it's hard to prove it was done right.
                          Sent from my shed, trapped under a collapsed QuickJack, via Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by brasher View Post
                            I still yearn for one of those mustard yellow club spec eco 4’s
                            Hey fuck you.....it's SPORT yellow :D

Clean, unmodded GC8s are like finding a unicorn dick. 2dr STIs are proper drug money. $50-$60K minimum........approaching $100K for your ultra low mileage ones that have been in a hermetically sealed chamber their whole life. 4drs are $40-$50K.

There's heeeaaaaps of people after CSE3 & 4s. Ii've got people wanting to buy my CSE4 every other week. Had a note left on it week before last. Stocker aside from STI pink springs and a 3" exhaust. If I won Powerball tomorrow, i'd take it to someone along with a briefcase of cash and tell them to pull it apart, whatever you can buy new from Subaru go and buy it and make it perfect. I should probably start buying Powerball tickets.

I bought it in 2006. Back then no one looked twice at it. Now, it seems to attract more attention. I just don't see them on the road anymore. MY94/95/96 models are basically non-existent.

Comment

If that was blue and had 100k kms less i'd buy it in a heartbeat. Could maybe even overlook the fact it's not blue. But i'm guessing it'd be a lot more expensive too...
                              Last edited by Fatboy; 04-10-20, 11:24 PM.
                              The older i get, the better i was...

Comment

I saw a GC8 at ikea today and then realised why I was excited - had not seen in AGES on the road.

Would have another one in a heartbeat, but then I remember all the shit that makes me hate them, so probably wouldnt.

RS Libs are in the same boat too - can't find a good one.
                                Originally posted by brasher
                                TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Working...
                                X