Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early WRX's, what models will be desirable in the future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by willsy01 View Post

Hey fuck you.....it's SPORT yellow :D
    There is one parked out front of Wonny Cemetery every day, It's a little bit rough but man I'd love to own one still.

Comment

That's mine dude. She's good mechanically, body needs work.

Comment

Originally posted by willsy01 View Post
        That's mine dude. She's good mechanically, body needs work.
        swop 4 lizard tank and cracked mtb frame?

for some reason you ever want to sell that thing, let me know!
        Last edited by brasher; 05-10-20, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Get a 22b before they become expensive

Comment

Originally posted by TJ View Post
            I saw a GC8 at ikea today and then realised why I was excited - had not seen in AGES on the road.

Would have another one in a heartbeat, but then I remember all the shit that makes me hate them, so probably wouldnt.

RS Libs are in the same boat too - can't find a good one.
            Yeah RS Liberties went through double the Skint Owner Syndrome, they were a cheap performance car which didn’t get maintenance, then a few years later they were a cheap not-as-quick-as-a-WRX that didn’t get maintenance. Plus they had all the gearbox problems of the first WRX.

And had a propensity for being used in bank robberies ...
            Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ View Post
              I saw a GC8 at ikea today and then realised why I was excited - had not seen in AGES on the road.

Would have another one in a heartbeat, but then I remember all the shit that makes me hate them, so probably wouldnt.

RS Libs are in the same boat too - can't find a good one.
              Yeh I wouldn’t buy a GC8. They were great in the 90s but not any more. A 2005 STI would be the pick I think!

Comment

Originally posted by [SPESHAL] View Post

Yeh I wouldn’t buy a GC8. They were great in the 90s but not any more. A 2005 STI would be the pick I think!
                Hence clean body gc8 with a 2005 STi driveline conversion,

Comment

Originally posted by MZ21 View Post
                  Hence clean body gc8 with a 2005 STi driveline conversion,
                  Also known, due to the GC8's lack of torsional rigidity, as "the pretzel conversion".
                  Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

i'd love an '05 sti but i don't mind the GC8. slightly more classic shape and whilst not 'fast' certainly quick enough on the street imo, great fun up in the hills.
                    shame about the shitful five speed though.
                    apart from that it's served us well.

Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
                    Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

That is beautiful. Tell ya what. I'll save you rego and fuel cost and take it off your hands for $15k?

Comment

Originally posted by 1uz-zte View Post
                        That is beautiful. Tell ya what. I'll save you rego and fuel cost and take it off your hands for $15k?
                        that's probably what it's worth, it's not a genuine sti, previous owner put the dress up bits on. does have sti gearbox and some other bling parts at least.
                        Last edited by clutch-monkey; 05-10-20, 11:56 AM.
                        Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
                        Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Originally posted by clutch-monkey View Post

that's probably what it's worth, it's not a genuine sti, previous owner put the dress up bits on. does have sti gearbox at least.
                          Well, it does look nice and I wouldn't be getting rid of it for $15k (unless to me).

Comment

If you are going to get an 04, get the 05. Upgrading from 100x5 to 114.3x5 is a complete headfuck and worthwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
                              Also known, due to the GC8's lack of torsional rigidity, as "the pretzel conversion".
                              Meh that can be addressed.

Comment

Left of field but I'm interested in the manual 07-08 Sti Liberty, relatively short production run in Aus ~300 and can still be had for ~20k.

Comment

Working...
                                X