Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early WRX's, what models will be desirable in the future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's a 22B worth these days???
    1969 Datsun 1000 Sedan
    1989 1.6l Daihatsu Charade

Life For me Has it's UP'S and DOWN'S........ I fix ELEVATORS

Comment

A pristine, delivery KMs example was up for A$500K in the UK a couple of months back. No idea what it actually sold for

Comment

all prices for 80s/90s jap cars makes me sad. only saving grace is that NC/ND MX5's/BRZ's/yari/fiestas are "cheap" and good, but it aint the same.

Comment

Originally posted by fury View Post
          You're probably best off picking up a good 350z or 200sx for under $20k if you can find one (6 months ago you could).. A standard Gc8 is probably going back up the curve, but I don't even think is still that great.

GFC .. S15 have gone off the charts.. some bloke on here was selling one for 10k a few months ago too https://performanceforums.com/forums...sale-melbourne - would'a bought in a flash too.. just have no room.

Find an EVO ?
          I hadn't realised S15s had moved that much until i was chatting to some young fella at a JDM meet on the weekend. Sounds like they have doubled in price in 6-months. crazy.

Curious on what mine would be worth.

Comment

Originally posted by psi999 View Post

I hadn't realised S15s had moved that much until i was chatting to some young fella at a JDM meet on the weekend. Sounds like they have doubled in price in 6-months. crazy.

Curious on what mine would be worth.
            Strange times indeed. The jap used car market has gone crazy. I'm not one to usually believe the hype, and obviously its sold prices, not asking that matter. But I've had an offer on my R33 which frankly is ridiculous (but lineball with what others have sold for recently), and also our Z32 300zx.
            Yes the nopics turned down an offer of $16k for her unregistered (and into blueslip territory!) TT 2+2 300zx. Clean, with some period correct mods, and mostly original. 12 months ago that was a 5-8k car at best, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by [SPESHAL] View Post

Yeh I wouldn’t buy a GC8. They were great in the 90s but not any more. A 2005 STI would be the pick I think!
              For sure. Still raw enough to be fun.
              Originally posted by brasher
              TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ View Post

For sure. Still raw enough to be fun.
                Yeah.....they're not quick by today's standards at all. Good 'analogue' fun though. No driving aids, manual and plenty of options if you did want to make it quicker.

Comment

"Desirability in future" is about nostalgia not performance, though, isn't it?
                  And GC8 has a lot more nostalgias?
                  Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

It's quite interesting to see the massive exponential price curve for alot of these over the past few years. Having grown up with many E30's and Jap turbo whoosh shitboxes over the years I often long for some of these again. I remember not wanting to pull the trigger on R32 GTR skylines for 10 - 12k because they were a bit tatty and told to avoid as the engines were pretty much ticking timebombs, etc. not to mind how fucked most of them must be 10 years on.One look on Gumtree / carsales for alot of the older stuff I had / would like to have makes me say "fuck that". Looking at it logically you say "so I could have (and often did) bought these cars for a few grand back 10 years ago, and now having been abused through several more pairs of hands, more k's on them, bodywork and paint no doubt a bit rougher, suspension bits worse and no doubt hiding a few extra surprises for you to find - to buy into this you now have to pay double, triple even 10 times the prices. Nostalgia aside (which I get is one of the main contributing factors in the crazy prices) I just say, "naw, no interest, lets just look at some newer more capable machines for the same price".

Only a few years go I had a Phoenix yellow DC2 Type R, bought for 9.5k, sold a few months later for 11k (I was delighted) and now 4 years later they are $30k - 35k minimum with constant "wanted to buy: DC2R" requests on some Honda forums.

It doesn't seem limited to older cars either resale prices here seem to be unusually strong in general. Person buys Corolla for $22k, drives for 2 years, puts 30,000ks on it, and wants to sell for $19,950 after the 2 years. $20 a week depreciation over ownership. WTF? It mystifies me.

Comment

Originally posted by CEF33Y View Post

Strange times indeed. The jap used car market has gone crazy. I'm not one to usually believe the hype, and obviously its sold prices, not asking that matter. But I've had an offer on my R33 which frankly is ridiculous (but lineball with what others have sold for recently), and also our Z32 300zx.
                      Yes the nopics turned down an offer of $16k for her unregistered (and into blueslip territory!) TT 2+2 300zx. Clean, with some period correct mods, and mostly original. 12 months ago that was a 5-8k car at best, IMO.
                      Holy crap: https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/?q=...)&sort=TopDeal

Surely this isn't reality though. Would love to know if any actually sell for these types of $s.

Comment

I'm about t find out if the old HSV market is what they say it is .

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/hol.../?sort=TopDeal
                        .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

What's the current exchange rate for fish tanks and lizards???

Comment

For a non molested not fucked VT clubbie? About 30k+ worth apparently.... I think.

Mines got 125k kms, some fresh paint and a very well serviced chassis and engine. I dont know what to sell it for TBH.

Last month the same search showed 5 cars well over 30k. NFI what they actually sold for though.
                            .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

I have ABSOLUTELY no idea either.
                              To me it's new enough not to be interesting, but old enough to be lame c/f a VF.

I'd replicate those "well over" asks at first, not like you're desperate to sell.
                              Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Recently got my 99 Club Spec Evo 3 back from respray and did the whole mini restoration buying up parts that Subaru surprisingly still make.

It has a complete 2005 STI drive train in it (including the wider suspension arms, brembos, hubs etc), DCCDPro controlling the 65/35 centre diff, 2.2 lock to lock quick steering rack and other bits to modernise it whilst retaining as OEM look as possible.

Still have to get the wheels fully refurbished and not sure if I should put the OEM Club Spec Evo 3 stickers on the rear quarters and boot though...

Comment

Working...
                                X