Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early WRX's, what models will be desirable in the future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brasher
    replied
    Originally posted by mrkebabs View Post
    I think 100k / 6 year.

Btw, I found that a characteristic of a good gearbox is that it will have a little whine under load - sliiightly reminiscent of a dogbox. From my limited experience, thrashed examples have no whine (source: test driving 6-7 used wrx's in 2013/14 and comparing them to a new wrx which was bought at the time).
    Thanks dude. I am taking a look at that MY10 Club spec tomorrow hopefully. Had a good chat with the owner, he is older and is sick of swedes lowballing him via messages. It's got full service history/book and had the timing belt done recently.

Pulse can do a pre purchase inspection, I showed them the ad and they think it's good buying if all checks out.

I really like the MY11 widebody look, but this is one of those un-fucked with time capsule jobs it seems.

Leave a comment:

• mrkebabs
    replied
    Originally posted by brasher View Post

Good info thanks, patience is not one of my strengths and I tend to make impulsive buys!

The MY11 looks heaps better, and I really like the hatch. So I think that is my target.

When is the major shit due on these? Like timing belts/water pump etc
    I think 100k / 6 year.

Btw, I found that a characteristic of a good gearbox is that it will have a little whine under load - sliiightly reminiscent of a dogbox. From my limited experience, thrashed examples have no whine (source: test driving 6-7 used wrx's in 2013/14 and comparing them to a new wrx which was bought at the time).

Leave a comment:

• bahaimus
    replied
    Originally posted by fury View Post
    My MY98 was still going fine at 305,000km or so when I sold it to somebody on here.. I think unless it has had a hard life, the gearbox and headgasket issues are bit overrated.
    It's now at 337k km and I'm selling it. I did the timing belt and water pump recently and a few other things, but honestly it's still running strong.

Leave a comment:

• brasher
    replied
    Originally posted by mrkebabs View Post
    $18k should get you a clean widebody with 120k KMs under Covid pricing. I sold a my10 widebody hatch with 115k KMs for $13.5k 5 months ago. Other car's include mps3.. 130i? A mate is selling his highly modded 130i on gumtree atm. High KMs though.

I'd hang tight for the right WRX to come along
    Good info thanks, patience is not one of my strengths and I tend to make impulsive buys!

The MY11 looks heaps better, and I really like the hatch. So I think that is my target.

When is the major shit due on these? Like timing belts/water pump etc

Leave a comment:

• mrkebabs
    replied
    my search is continuing.

I've all but ruled out GC8's for headache factor.

I like the hawkeye look but most are up there in Km's.

This is leaving me with the 2011 cars, I like the widebody look (besides the rear end) The 2.5L donk ok? What are the inherent issues with the later model cars?

I've set a max budget of $18k for this car. Although the rex ticks all my boxes, any other cars you could think of with rear seats, a bit of go and sub 5.5m to fit in my garage?
    $18k should get you a clean widebody with 120k KMs under Covid pricing. I sold a my10 widebody hatch with 115k KMs for $13.5k 5 months ago. Other car's include mps3.. 130i? A mate is selling his highly modded 130i on gumtree atm. High KMs though.

I'd hang tight for the right WRX to come along

Leave a comment:

• Grizzler
    replied
    How about this one? Hopefully fb link works...

Modded as fuck

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...code=undefined

Leave a comment:

• willsy01
    replied
    my search is continuing.

This is leaving me with the 2011 cars, I like the widebody look (besides the rear end) The 2.5L donk ok? What are the inherent issues with the later model cars?

I've set a max budget of $18k for this car. Although the rex ticks all my boxes, any other cars you could think of with rear seats, a bit of go and sub 5.5m to fit in my garage?
    Give it some time dude. I'm watching the GC8 groups on Faceballs.

Leave a comment:

• brasher
    replied
    I'm also strongly considering this.....

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/hurs...10-/1261283693

Leave a comment:

• brasher
    replied
    my search is continuing.

Leave a comment:

• GNGBNG
    replied
    I reckon this would be a good thing.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...-6888722/?Cr=2

JDM import STi with the EJ207, 8,000rpm goodness, Recaro's and hatch.
    Last edited by GNGBNG; 18-11-20, 03:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• The Pupat
    replied
    They've all gone silly.

Bloke walked up to me in the garage the other day as I was getting ready to ride the pushy to the gym as he had seen my MY04 STi in the garage admiring it saying he'd just bought one.
    I was asking about what they're going for and seems to be 25-30k which is mental as they were half that last year I had no idea as I've had it a daily driver for 12 years now.

Leave a comment:

• Justin Bieber
    replied
    Gc8 market has definitely gone mental. Nice to know I'll get back all the money ive poured into mine if I ever decide to sell up.

Leave a comment:

• brasher
    replied
    Originally posted by McMulla View Post

Dropping mine off there on Saturday. Only ever heard good things about Subi Doctor and Pulse FWIW.
    Nice, I can literally walk home from there so it’s convenient

did some more looking today. Heart is saying gc8, brain is saying get an 05 and up. The later model ones just don’t tug on the heart strings for me at all however. This will be a weekender at the most, but I also don’t want to be fixing shit. Difficult one.

Leave a comment:

• McMulla
    replied
    Pulse Racing is just up the road. They kicking goals or steer clear?
    Dropping mine off there on Saturday. Only ever heard good things about Subi Doctor and Pulse FWIW.

Leave a comment:

• willsy01
    replied
    Good info, gonna message this bloke.

Pulse Racing is just up the road. They kicking goals or steer clear?
    Haven't used them but by all accounts they know their shit.

Originally posted by GNGBNG View Post
    Dont know if this one has been mentioned, CBF reading all the other suggestions.

I reckon a good WRX STi to buy would be the MY05 model.
    Last of the EJ207, first with the bigger hubs and first to change over to the 5x114.3 stud pattern, also got the electronic controlled centre diff.
    Also no side airbags so better seats.
    Agreed.
    Last edited by willsy01; 12-11-20, 08:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X