Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early WRX's, what models will be desirable in the future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNGBNG
    replied
    Dont know if this one has been mentioned, CBF reading all the other suggestions.

I reckon a good WRX STi to buy would be the MY05 model.
    Last of the EJ207, first with the bigger hubs and first to change over to the 5x114.3 stud pattern, also got the electronic controlled centre diff.
    Also no side airbags so better seats.
    Last edited by GNGBNG; 12-11-20, 08:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• brasher
    replied
    Good info, gonna message this bloke.

Pulse Racing is just up the road. They kicking goals or steer clear?

Leave a comment:

• fury
    replied
    My MY98 was still going fine at 305,000km or so when I sold it to somebody on here.. I think unless it has had a hard life, the gearbox and headgasket issues are bit overrated.

Leave a comment:

• willsy01
    replied
    If it's been serviced properly, i'd say no. Mine's at 274 and sure, a few of the horses have probably escaped out the exhaust pipe along the journey......it still drives really well though.

It's got a VF28 but there's no mention of it having an aftermarket ECU or a remap......probably something to be aware of. VF28 is what was on STI's of the same era. Think they ran a different ECU.

If you find something, take it to Michael at SubieDoctor on the corner of Captain Cook Drv and Cawarra Rd for a look over. No bullshit bloke and what he doesn't know about Subaru's isn't worth knowing.

EDIT: I reckon it's been resprayed too. MY98s had black door handles and mirrors out of the factory.
    Last edited by willsy01; 11-11-20, 09:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• brasher
    replied
    Cheers mate. That is perfect. Do those km’s ring alarm bells though?

but that ticks all the boxes
    nostaligia
    bit of fkn whoosh
    Appreciating asset/future classic

Leave a comment:

• willsy01
    replied
    If I had to guess, it's had a FMIC at some stage based on the front bar. Other than that, looks pretty good.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• brasher
    replied
    Originally posted by willsy01 View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/5613...50150498416773

Not sure if you'll be able to see it. MY98, white, gold wheels, vf28, exhaust.
    Not in the group mate. Take a screenshot!

Leave a comment:

• willsy01
    replied
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/5613...50150498416773

Not sure if you'll be able to see it. MY98, white, gold wheels, vf28, exhaust.

Leave a comment:

• brasher
    replied
    Originally posted by willsy01 View Post

Hey fuck you.....it's SPORT yellow :D

Clean, unmodded GC8s are like finding a unicorn dick. 2dr STIs are proper drug money. $50-$60K minimum........approaching $100K for your ultra low mileage ones that have been in a hermetically sealed chamber their whole life. 4drs are $40-$50K.

There's heeeaaaaps of people after CSE3 & 4s. Ii've got people wanting to buy my CSE4 every other week. Had a note left on it week before last. Stocker aside from STI pink springs and a 3" exhaust. If I won Powerball tomorrow, i'd take it to someone along with a briefcase of cash and tell them to pull it apart, whatever you can buy new from Subaru go and buy it and make it perfect. I should probably start buying Powerball tickets.

I bought it in 2006. Back then no one looked twice at it. Now, it seems to attract more attention. I just don't see them on the road anymore. MY94/95/96 models are basically non-existent.
    I want your club spec. I’m sick of riding past it and getting a stiffy.

Leave a comment:

• brasher
    replied
    Sorry to revive this thread. But I can’t seem to get these fucking things off my mind.

ever since selling my ssv Ute I’ve yearned first something faster than a v6 Hilux but want something I can look at the garage at night and say “that looks mad”

ive always had a soft spot for the old rexy’s. It’s sort of the itch I’ve never scratched.

im chasing a semi future classic, affordable, but reliable with a bit of stick. The rexy ticks those boxes sort of.

would I be dreaming to get on board for $15-20k or am I buying into trouble at those prices.

I have no time for fixing shit or have the skills and patience to do so these days. I want to just turn the key on a Sunday arvo and take the kids for ice cream.

Leave a comment:

• Captiva Fan
    replied
    ^ I think these are the sort of car that, even though you've put all that work in for your own enjoyment & not for profit, "tasteful properly-done mods" (& especially with STi stuff) increase the value. I don't think "originality" is so much a Thing with these as, say, a Monaro GTS.

Leave a comment:

• snake33
    replied
    Recently got my 99 Club Spec Evo 3 back from respray and did the whole mini restoration buying up parts that Subaru surprisingly still make.

It has a complete 2005 STI drive train in it (including the wider suspension arms, brembos, hubs etc), DCCDPro controlling the 65/35 centre diff, 2.2 lock to lock quick steering rack and other bits to modernise it whilst retaining as OEM look as possible.

Still have to get the wheels fully refurbished and not sure if I should put the OEM Club Spec Evo 3 stickers on the rear quarters and boot though...

Leave a comment:

• Captiva Fan
    replied
    I have ABSOLUTELY no idea either.
    To me it's new enough not to be interesting, but old enough to be lame c/f a VF.

I'd replicate those "well over" asks at first, not like you're desperate to sell.

Leave a comment:

• nastysven
    replied
    For a non molested not fucked VT clubbie? About 30k+ worth apparently.... I think.

Mines got 125k kms, some fresh paint and a very well serviced chassis and engine. I dont know what to sell it for TBH.

Last month the same search showed 5 cars well over 30k. NFI what they actually sold for though.

Leave a comment:

• PXL265
    replied
    What's the current exchange rate for fish tanks and lizards???

Leave a comment:

Working...
X