Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early WRX's, what models will be desirable in the future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They've all gone silly.

Bloke walked up to me in the garage the other day as I was getting ready to ride the pushy to the gym as he had seen my MY04 STi in the garage admiring it saying he'd just bought one.
    I was asking about what they're going for and seems to be 25-30k which is mental as they were half that last year I had no idea as I've had it a daily driver for 12 years now.

Comment

I reckon this would be a good thing.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...-6888722/?Cr=2

JDM import STi with the EJ207, 8,000rpm goodness, Recaro's and hatch.
      Last edited by GNGBNG; 18-11-20, 03:02 PM.

Comment

my search is continuing.

I've all but ruled out GC8's for headache factor.

I like the hawkeye look but most are up there in Km's.

This is leaving me with the 2011 cars, I like the widebody look (besides the rear end) The 2.5L donk ok? What are the inherent issues with the later model cars?

I've set a max budget of $18k for this car. Although the rex ticks all my boxes, any other cars you could think of with rear seats, a bit of go and sub 5.5m to fit in my garage?

Comment

I'm also strongly considering this.....

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/hurs...10-/1261283693

Comment

Originally posted by brasher View Post
            my search is continuing.

This is leaving me with the 2011 cars, I like the widebody look (besides the rear end) The 2.5L donk ok? What are the inherent issues with the later model cars?

I've set a max budget of $18k for this car. Although the rex ticks all my boxes, any other cars you could think of with rear seats, a bit of go and sub 5.5m to fit in my garage?
            Give it some time dude. I'm watching the GC8 groups on Faceballs.

Comment

How about this one? Hopefully fb link works...

Modded as fuck

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...code=undefined

Comment

my search is continuing.

$18k should get you a clean widebody with 120k KMs under Covid pricing. I sold a my10 widebody hatch with 115k KMs for $13.5k 5 months ago. Other car's include mps3.. 130i? A mate is selling his highly modded 130i on gumtree atm. High KMs though.

I'd hang tight for the right WRX to come along
                Kebabhunter

Comment

Originally posted by mrkebabs View Post
                  $18k should get you a clean widebody with 120k KMs under Covid pricing. I sold a my10 widebody hatch with 115k KMs for $13.5k 5 months ago. Other car's include mps3.. 130i? A mate is selling his highly modded 130i on gumtree atm. High KMs though.

I'd hang tight for the right WRX to come along
                  Good info thanks, patience is not one of my strengths and I tend to make impulsive buys!

The MY11 looks heaps better, and I really like the hatch. So I think that is my target.

When is the major shit due on these? Like timing belts/water pump etc

Comment

Originally posted by fury View Post
                    My MY98 was still going fine at 305,000km or so when I sold it to somebody on here.. I think unless it has had a hard life, the gearbox and headgasket issues are bit overrated.
                    It's now at 337k km and I'm selling it. I did the timing belt and water pump recently and a few other things, but honestly it's still running strong.

Comment

Good info thanks, patience is not one of my strengths and I tend to make impulsive buys!

The MY11 looks heaps better, and I really like the hatch. So I think that is my target.

When is the major shit due on these? Like timing belts/water pump etc
                      I think 100k / 6 year.

Btw, I found that a characteristic of a good gearbox is that it will have a little whine under load - sliiightly reminiscent of a dogbox. From my limited experience, thrashed examples have no whine (source: test driving 6-7 used wrx's in 2013/14 and comparing them to a new wrx which was bought at the time).
                      Kebabhunter

Comment

Originally posted by mrkebabs View Post
                        I think 100k / 6 year.

Btw, I found that a characteristic of a good gearbox is that it will have a little whine under load - sliiightly reminiscent of a dogbox. From my limited experience, thrashed examples have no whine (source: test driving 6-7 used wrx's in 2013/14 and comparing them to a new wrx which was bought at the time).
                        Thanks dude. I am taking a look at that MY10 Club spec tomorrow hopefully. Had a good chat with the owner, he is older and is sick of swedes lowballing him via messages. It's got full service history/book and had the timing belt done recently.

Pulse can do a pre purchase inspection, I showed them the ad and they think it's good buying if all checks out.

I really like the MY11 widebody look, but this is one of those un-fucked with time capsule jobs it seems.

Comment

Auction at 6pm tonight mate.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2098...2063166431031/

Click image for larger version

Name:	evo.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	7200097

Comment

holy shit, that's my realistic dream car. I'm gonna guess 25k+ if that's a minter.

Comment

It's not a minter.......it's not bad though. Interior needs a good clean. It's going to be really interesting to see what it goes for. There's been talk of $50K+ which is utterly ridiculous. Belongs to a bloke in QLD who was using it as a farm car.......then realised what it was and restored it a bit. Biggest red flag for me was the alignment of the bonnet above the drivers side headlight.

Cool story time. My one has the 001 build plate. Was there when I bought and was there when old mate I bought it from picked it up from Pickles. I'm in a Club Spec Evo group on FB and a bloke posted that 001 was going up for sale soon.....to which I called bullshit as i've got 001. I hit up Subaru and gave them the VIN, who came back and told me it is 058.

I tracked down the woman that bought it from Tom Kerr Subaru over at Ryde and pinged on her on FB Messenger.....not really expecting a reply.......but she got back to me and confirmed that it had the 001 plate on it when she bought it. The dealer made a big song and dance about it when she picked it up. I suspect they've pulled a swifty and had a new plate thing made up.

So i've been living a lie for 15 years.

Comment

I'll take yours for 10k then lol.

So the one I'm looking at is a club spec 10, it's got STi wheels, strut brace, leather seats, gear knob... nothing amazing but one of 250 made. Were the Evo models a similar thing? They seem a lot more collectable.

My thinking is, the car I'm looking at is probably at it's closest depreciation trough (maybe 2-3 years price lowering) In 5 or so years time I want to get rid of it, I'm not taking a massive hit.

Comment

Working...
                                X