Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early WRX's, what models will be desirable in the future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McMulla
    replied
    Originally posted by LINCOLN View Post
    Ship had sailed on most. The last of the hatchback models would be worth watching as they lower in price
    Agree, the STI Widebody hatches will become a hero car. Probably have only a little bit more to depreciate and then the ship will be at the port.

Leave a comment:

• Captiva Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by MZ21 View Post

Gc8 STi's have been as low as the low twentys, some rough examples maybe into the teens but not today. I never got the appeal of the GC8 STi as unlike the newer cars there wasn't lot separating from the base WRX.
    2dr. Purely because 2dr.
    That’s why I don’t think the 4drs imported in the next model-year will do as well over a WRX.

Leave a comment:

• MZ21
    replied
    Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
    Were they ever particularly affordable, though?
    I thought they'd started at the ~$60k they were imported as, and by, say, 3 years later any without 800k kms of track usage & three assploded engines were worth what they'd cost new, and they'd slowly embiggened in value since?
    Or not?
    Gc8 STi's have been as low as the low twentys, some rough examples maybe into the teens but not today. I never got the appeal of the GC8 STi as unlike the newer cars there wasn't lot separating from the base WRX.

Leave a comment:

• MZ21
    replied
    I've been looking for a low perfect body/interior wise MY00 Wrx in in crystal silver for ages. Just just don't turn up.

If could find one I'll squirrel it away until I find donor MY05 sti to transplant mechanicals.

​​​​​​Sigh...

Leave a comment:

• Captiva Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by 1uz-zte View Post
    I think you're about 3 years too late.

GC8 2 door STi would have been my pick.
    Were they ever particularly affordable, though?
    I thought they'd started at the ~$60k they were imported as, and by, say, 3 years later any without 800k kms of track usage & three assploded engines were worth what they'd cost new, and they'd slowly embiggened in value since?
    Or not?

Leave a comment:

• LINCOLN
    replied
    Ship had sailed on most. The last of the hatchback models would be worth watching as they lower in price

Leave a comment:

• Reax
    replied
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...37132523655896

Think the ship has sailed on GC8s and now others are catching up

Leave a comment:

• 1uz-zte
    replied
    4 door MY00 non STI manual. There's one in Warwick last I saw on carsales.

edit: I have no idea.
    Last edited by 1uz-zte; 03-10-20, 02:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Turbo 351
    replied
    Originally posted by 1uz-zte View Post

Agree, i was thinking an early STI may still be a good pick up.... Otherwise hit me with some other ideas?

Leave a comment:

• 1uz-zte
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Early WRX's, what models will be desirable in the future?

I know this is a bit of a crystal ball topic, but what model WRX's will be desirable in the future?

After selling my R32 GTR a 8 years back and watching it appreciate, I'm thinking one of these may be a good investment to put in the back of my garage.

Any advice or other suggestions would be appreciated

Working...
X