M2 Motorway - between Lane Cove North and Baulkham Hills
    M5 Motorway - between Kingsgrove and Casula
    M5 East Tunnel - between Arncliffe and Kingsgrove
    M7 Motorway - between Baulkham Hills and Prestons
    NorthConnex Tunnel - between West Pennant Hills and Wahroonga
    Sydney Harbour Tunnel - between Sydney and North Sydney
    WestConnex M4 - between Ashfield and Lidcombe
    WestConnex M4/M5 Link Tunnel - between Ashfield and St Peters

Many of the cameras will begin operating by the end of 2020. The cameras that aren’t in tunnels will operate in warning mode for the first two months of their operation. This means users caught speeding will get a warning letter instead of a fine. The warning period in tunnels will last just one month.

Fines and demerits will be issued once the warning period is over.

Average safety speed cameras are used for monitoring heavy vehicles and trailers with a weight of over 4.5 tonne. They don’t monitor light vehicles or motorbikes.

The cameras are being installed as part of the NSW Government’s Road Safety Plan 2021.

Is it only a matter of time before these are switched on to <4.5 tonne vehicles?
    Find your Freedom
    Home Loans | Car Loans | Investment Portfolios | Property Management
    www.FreedomFunding.com.au
    www.ProgressiveProperty.com.au

Click for PF Loans
    If you're thinking of buying, or that you may be paying too much on your home loan PM me for a no obligation chat!

Comment

mostly motorways.. which i pretty much totally avoid now. Tolls to and back from city for me are like $40. haha.
      www.markpakula.com
      2017 Subaru Impreza Hatch - for the grind
      2015 Cervelo S2 - for the fitness
      2005 Honda Accord Euro - for the wife
      2010 BMW S1000RR - for the sanity

Comment

Is this because of the extraordinarily high death, injury and accident rate on smooth, well marked, grade separated entry/exit, median divided freeways?

Comment

I've been expecting them to convert the existing average ones to catching cars and bikes for years now and it hasn't happened, it's probably a matter of time though.
          Originally posted by myshortyboomba
          I've had many gauges in cars. I always found the conrods react faster than a gauge.

you can always hear them when they break and they stop the engine immediately so you can't do any more damage.

Comment

I'm disappointed in myself and my fellow Australians that more of these cameras aren't subtly vandalised or modified so as to be useless (of course if they are, you rarely hear about it as they don't like to advertise people getting away with it)
            Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Originally posted by trent from punchy View Post
              mostly motorways.. which i pretty much totally avoid now. Tolls to and back from city for me are like $40. haha.
              Tell me about it. The M5 East came online and my daily trip cost and additional $15. No tolls for me no more.
              Originally posted by My mate Nathan
              "Boob is almost as good as cunt"

Comment

What's the deal with vehicles over 4.5 tonnes? Why are they deliberately "avoiding" fining cars/bikes/small trucks etc? They've had average ones on the Pacific Highway for a while with the same deal.

Is there some kind of legal issue preventing them fining everyone, because you can bet they would if they could.

Comment

I’m fucking loving the M5 and East now that the tolls are in place. It’s a dream to drive on now it just flows along. And the M8 tunnel is a ghost town, so awesome. Ofcourse work pays for all my tolls and fuel every day so I can see how others might not like it so much.
                  Originally posted by Rdyno
                  It's fucking storytime with Rdyno cunt shut the fuck up and fuck off.

Comment

Originally posted by StupidFlanders View Post
                    And the M8 tunnel is a ghost town
                    What?
                    *Google* *Google*
                    Woah .... "M8" ... when did that become a Thing?!
                    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
                      What?
                      *Google* *Google*
                      Woah .... "M8" ... when did that become a Thing?!
                      Been open for a few months now. My brother has already recieved 2 separate warnings for speeding through it in the mail. Doesn’t say how quick he was going though. I pop the cruise control on and glide through, it’s so luxurious.

Comment

wont stop every cunt from slowing down for them regardless
                        Originally posted by Keith Duckworth
                        "I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

Comment

Originally posted by doctor ed View Post
                          wont stop every cunt from slowing down for them regardless
                          If I go to the office there’s a section of Epping road which is 70kmh which everyone thinks is 60kmh so of course everyone slows down to 50kmh for the bus lane cameras. Fuckwits.

Anyway, not seeing the point of these average speed cameras. I use lane cove tunnel and used to use some of the M2 on the way to work and it was 1 in 1000 vehicles breaking the speed limit (say 90 in a 80 and slowing for the speed camera) and that was invariably a tradie, never a heavy vehicle. Don’t see the point of it to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by StupidFlanders View Post
                            And the M8 tunnel is a ghost town
                            Correct, no cunt uses it because its so expensive

Comment

Originally posted by dnegative View Post

Correct, no cunt uses it because its so expensive
                              I did Mortdale to St Peters via the M8 in 25 minutes at midday the other day, 5 minutes of that was sitting at a traffic light at Sydenham. I have no clue what it cost.

Comment

Working...
                              X