Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boothy.com New Hyundai i20N

https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-new...-launches-with

Turbo 1.6lt, six speed manual (no auto) 150kw/275Nm, 1190kg, 0-100km/h 6.7:secs

An interesting entry into the small hot hatch segment.

The left foot braking calibration needs more details. WIll this allow you to do clutchless gear changes with the rev matching software as part of the auto rev matching????

Comment

It’s a bit disappointing that it’s mostly software and plastics wrapped around the regular 1.6T engine. And I say that because although that’s the traditional hot hatch formula it’s also a bit softer than the approach they took with the i30.

It’s no GR Yaris competitor everyone was hoping for, but will keep the Fiesta ST honest.
      ---
      Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Definitely a Fiesta ST and Polo GTI competitor, not a GRY competitor although the first video I watched on it mentioned the GRY multiple times, even in the title of the video!

I'm sure it will be a fun drive, but they'll be doing bloody well if its as good to drive as the Fiesta.
        I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by PXL265 View Post
          An interesting entry into the small hot hatch segment.

The left foot braking calibration needs more details. WIll this allow you to do clutchless gear changes with the rev matching software as part of the auto rev matching????
          Nah as with all rev match or auto blip, its for those who can’t heel/toe.

looks like a ripper little car.

Comment

The auto rev match is fun to try to trick. Things like going from 5th or 4th back to 2nd can trick some, but some, like the 370Z system coped.

Still want to know what the left foot braking calibration is and what it does different.

Comment

Hopefully it means they don’t kill the throttle when left foot braking like too many cars do these days.

Comment

PH did a review, sounds like a good thing https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-...h-review/43182

Comment

Be interesting to see how they price it in Australia, presumably it will undercut the Fiesta ST and Polo GTi but by how much?

Comment

Originally posted by PXL265 View Post
                    The auto rev match is fun to try to trick. Things like going from 5th or 4th back to 2nd can trick some, but some, like the 370Z system coped.
                    It works really well in the i30N so I'd hope it's just as sorted in the 20. I haven't been able to trick it yet. It's quite fun to row back through the gears when slowing down from 100 in a hurry.

Comment

Working...
                    X