No announcement yet.

SSC Tuatara 331MP/H record - bullshit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allegations of bullshit aside, doesn't a production car record have to belong to, you know, an actual production car? Might as well have the Thrust SSC team say "yeah we can produce one of these if you want" and bingo, new production car record.
    Name me, if you can, a better feeling than the one you get when you're half a bottle of Chivas in the bag with a gram of coke up your nose and a teenage lovely pulling off her tube top in the next seat over while you're going a hundred miles an hour down a suburban side street.

Comment

Some bloke analysed the frequency of the Audio to calculate the rev drops between gears to infer ratios. The ratios came out as the stock published figures that make the speed they proportedly reached in 6th impossible.

And they had a chopper along side them at aledgedly 200mph in the 360 degree video.Top speed of the chipper is 180mph without a gimbal camera rig on it.

surely someone at ssc would have noticed that was impossible.

I'm firmly in the bullshit a mile high camp. And they'll be shitting bricks as now they have to do a real run.

Oo___oO

Comment

I think you guys are overreacting. This was clearly 'US MPH'. So yeah, it's legit. You always add ~30%.

Comment

Yea and them changing the stated ratios is going to be hard to walk back from...
          If in doubt, flat out!

Comment

What I found interesting is just how far off the kony child soldier it was (in the over under vid)

This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

They also claim they used bog standard Michelin Pilot Sports.... that alone is a massive BS alarm to me considering all the guff that Bugatti talks about with the special Veyron/Chiron/whatever tyres.
              2019 Tiguan 162TSI HighLine R-Line ole ftang biscuit barrel
              2011 Smart ForTwo

Comment

Originally posted by TJ View Post
                Ban for posting Schmeeeeee
                I'm thinking if you Post Schmeeeee ......The only way out of a ban is to post a Schmoooo!

JP

Comment

If you Guys want to see some amazing Shite... Dem Yanks have done

Google ...Speed Demon 715

Current World Piston wheel Driven record at 451 MPH

Then Listen to the Skinnys Podcast with Shane Tecklenburg in it .... He talks about one of the runs

JP

Comment

SSC Response.

I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Hasn't explained shit. Trying to handwave their bullshit story. No rational explanation because there isn't one.

If the driver was shaking with head in hands after the run and the car is only at 250-270mph then Goold luck finding someone to actually do 330 in it.
                      Last edited by burn is weird; 02-11-20, 07:00 AM.

Oo___oO

Comment

i think NRE will be doing alot of development work between now and the next run to find a fuckload of horsepower if they want to replicate the result.

Comment

How fucking stupid are they thinking that the internetz wouldn't take their vid as gospel and quite rightly pull it apart.
                          The AV production team had one job, now they're saying 'derp we mixed up the footage derp'
                          Fuck off. They've been caught out.
                          '71 BMW 2002 - restoration
                          '14 Colorado 4x4 dual cab - reliability

Originally posted by Marv
                          my cuts look like they're done by Michael J Fox using a grinder on the end of a pool noodle
                          :rotflol:

Comment

How the F does a 300mph supercar only have Y rated tyres?

Michelin Pilot sport cup 2
                            245/35YR20 Front Tires
                            345/30YR20 Rear ‍Tires

Comment

How to speak for 3min37sec and say nothing. Low-rent Christian von Koenigsegg looking fucker.

FWIW, I hope they have another go and back up the speed, and do it safely. I don't think they will though.
                              Originally posted by piss98
                              I wish Kochie would get blown out to sea and never found, in fact most of those dumb cunts standing in the rain telling people not to stand in the rain need to get fucked. Stupid tart on the news last night talking to the weather guy "wow you look totally drenched there whateverthefuckhisnamewas." No shit you vapid bitch he is standing in a fucking cyclone.

Comment

Originally posted by bg0013 View Post
                                i think NRE will be doing alot of development work between now and the next run to find a fuckload of horsepower if they want to replicate the result.
                                there is going to be LS engine splattered all over the road
                                im a cunt
                                and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

Working...
                                X