Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford Kuga Diesel- good buy or stay away

Hey guys,

Moved on my station car for $1,300 profit after 5 years ownership (thanks Covid!)

With the wife and I now sharing kiddie duties now days, I needed to move up to something a bit safer.

Criteria was SUV, fairly new (2013 ownards), reversing camera, safety features, auto (as she will be driving it also)

Have come across a 2013 Ford Kuga Titanium for $11k which fits the bill and has plenty of fruit (sunroof, heated seats, hands free tailgate, self park, blind spot monitoring, lane keeping), only thing that worries me is it's a diesel (most Titanium models are dual clutch auto diesel) and Euro diesels seem to suffer badly from DPF issues.

Is it really going to send me as broke as the internet says?

Last edited by andyman1908; 05-11-20, 03:43 PM.

The Diesel dual clutch trans is a wet clutch unit, and are fairly reliable from what I understand.

Comment

Thanks, more worried about the DPF issues which seem to plague Euro diesels (or so it seems on the net)

Comment

Are these the same diesels as the Fiesta?

If so pretty much bomb proof. Nopics mate had a '09 Fiesta TDi and it ran faultlessly for ten years until she traded it in. Serviced on a regular basis, sometimes late, sometimes early. Had stupid moon to back kms when she off loaded it. Her mechanic said it was a easy thing to work on and didn't have any gripes.
        Sent from my shed, trapped under a collapsed QuickJack, via Tapatalk

Comment

Why not the 1.6t Petrol then if DPF is a concern?
          I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Thanks guys, latest update I purchased the car. Took it in for a vehicle inspection on Saturday morning at the local mechanic. He was able to clear all codes (27 sensors in all) and did a small regen to blow out some on the crap through the DPF.

Majority of Titanium version's were 2.0TD so had little choice if I wanted all the fruit.

Comment

late to party, but when i was at ford we were putting dpfs in these weekly, aswell as injectors and the odd engine. ford wont help with dpfs as its a filter so a wear and tear part. its $8k no labour.
              trans is better than dry clutch but still flogs out, headunits die and they eat suspension bushes and engine mounts. theres a recall for the thermostat that takes 3 days, make sure its done or they overheat and warp the heads
              I am junkie for swedish high quality shitboxes. my latest fix is this...
              WANTED: HOLDEN CALIBRA - WHAT YA GOT?
              robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

8k Jesus.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

Comment

What the fuck! How is that possible and can it be tuned for a DPF delete in that case?
                  I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Looked into the DPF delete, but wasn't keen on the idea.

- massive individual or company fines.
                    - not deemed roadworthy (insurance can say no to payout if work it out)

Comment

DPF is the catalytic convertor spare part rape item all over again. Needed for emissions compliance so puts the owner over a barrel to replace at their cost something that shouldn’t fail.
                      ---
                      Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Working...
                      X