Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Car Ver. No Depreciation Daily Driver, Because Money is Cheap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neil_se View Post

I had been considering a Clio RS for nopics as they'd be fun while also fuel efficient (she has a decent daily commute). I was after something a bit more modifiable for myself though, interesting enough to turn up to a car meet in.
    Clio 182 or Mk3 200? Both are loads of fun and easy enough to DIY mod. I sold a Megane 265 to keep the Clio 200 Megane's are silly fast for daily duties though. Mine gave me nostalgia of my old evo5.
    ​​​​
    Kebabhunter

Comment

Speaking to a mate of mine who sold a mint E3 for huge money (to me who remembers these being a max $20k car LOL). New group of people buying imports is <30yo overseas student who has plenty of money to burn. Paying $50k for an old Lancer is nothing when your other car is a MacLaren.
      "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
      (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
      Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Originally posted by mrkebabs View Post
        Clio 182 or Mk3 200? Both are loads of fun and easy enough to DIY mod. I sold a Megane 265 to keep the Clio 200 Megane's are silly fast for daily duties though. Mine gave me nostalgia of my old evo5.
        ​​​​
        I was thinking the IV B98.
        6L FD3S RX7
        GR Supra

Comment

Originally posted by neil_se View Post

I was thinking the IV B98.
          Good value those things. Good luck with your decision!
          Kebabhunter

Comment

This is not really in the "daily driver" category, but I'm wondering about early Gallardos that are now 15 or so years old and are the cheapest Lamborghinis on the market these days. They seem to be at $130-150k now; is that likely to be the bottoming out of their depreciation curve?

Comment

Yes, been noticing that with Gallardos myself for a long time. Think that's about the base of the market for them too.

Easy to play this game for a weekender. Far harder to do it for a daily.

Comment

Werent they that same price when Uncle bought his years ago?
                I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Gallardos have gone up. They were nudging $100k for early autos.
                  "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                  (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                  Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Working...
                  X