Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Car Ver. No Depreciation Daily Driver, Because Money is Cheap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

991.1 GT3.

Theyve already based out and are on the rise. Buy well and win. Epic capable daily.

Comment

AU wagon on gas?

Comment

F40 Competizione
        I am junkie for swedish high quality shitboxes. my latest fix is this...
        WANTED: HOLDEN CALIBRA - WHAT YA GOT?
        robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloth View Post
          F40 Competizione
          F348 Zagato Elaborazione
          Japanese Nostalgic Car - Dedicated to classic japanese cars

Comment

Originally posted by blute View Post
            AU wagon on gas?
            This is the only option really as there will be no further depreciation on any AU Falcon variants, they are at rock bottom value.

Comment

Originally posted by richzx View Post

This is the only option really as there will be no further depreciation on any AU Falcon variants, they are at rock bottom value.
              could even go a bit fancy and go the fairmont v8 wagon. on gas obv.
              I am junkie for swedish high quality shitboxes. my latest fix is this...
              WANTED: HOLDEN CALIBRA - WHAT YA GOT?
              robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

The problem with most of the cars mentioned is its not just depreciation, its the ridiculous European servicing/repair costs.

So I'd go something Japanese, ~20 years old and not sold in the US, meaning the Yanks will get a stiffy about once they're 25 years old.
                "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

All good suggestions thus far. I especially agree with the E39 M5 as being a winner. No more NA V8 RWD Bimmers, and they, like the E46 M3 are peak purity M cars for mine. None on carsales right now however.

The V10 M5's are great in theory, but getting very spendy when it goes wrong and they have single clutch SMG. Do not like single clutch automated manuals. No one does.

Got an Exige already thanks! Don't particularly want to daily it, but no reason you couldn't. I think the current S3 Exiges (Supercharged V6 2013 onwards) have a little way to depreciate yet, but they can't drop too much further, as the older S2 Exiges are not going down in value and are 50 - 70k depending on mods/km/condition. So an S3 can't really drop below 80 - 90k I'd have thought, as most people would go for the later version as being better. Different, yes, better, dunno. Early Elises have bottomed in value and are on the way back up in value (slowly).

I tend to agree with the observation that the 10-15 year old mark is best buying for any car that is a bit rare/interesting. For a common not-that-special car the age increases out to more like 20 years. But given I'm talking mainly daily use here, not sure I want to go too old and end up with another 'project' rather than just an interesting car.

Comment

Originally posted by 200MPH View Post
                    The V10 M5's are great in theory, but getting very spendy when it goes wrong and they have single clutch SMG. Do not like single clutch automated manuals. No one does.
                    Manual ones exist but way less common (possibly not in aus?)

But given I'm talking mainly daily use here, not sure I want to go too old and end up with another 'project' rather than just an interesting car.
                    On this basis I think the intersection of Japanese, rare and interesting is your sweet spot, and they aren't making any more evos...
                    Originally posted by myshortyboomba
                    I've had many gauges in cars. I always found the conrods react faster than a gauge.

you can always hear them when they break and they stop the engine immediately so you can't do any more damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraud View Post
                      Manual ones exist but way less common (possibly not in aus?)
                      US market only, apparently.

Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

FJ Cruiser. Drive it >250,000km, still sell for high $$

Comment

Originally posted by smellytofu View Post
                          FJ Cruiser. Drive it >250,000km, still sell for high $$
                          I thought the concept was that it isn't the driving equivalent of having Mike Tyson constantly using your testicles as a pair of those springy hanging punchy-ball things?
                          Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlin View Post
                            991.1 GT3.

Theyve already based out and are on the rise. Buy well and win. Epic capable daily.
                            There is some thing fucked with the Porsche market right now with regards the 991.1 GT3 . The engines in them are known to go bang and will be out of warranty soon enough. Fuck paying for that repair. They should have further to go but it seems the lack of supply of new cars is maybe artificially supporting the price. The 991.2 would be my pick. The release of the 992 and return of supply might soften them a touch.

E39 M5 would be epic. V10 M5 would be heart and wallet breaking. Something more analogue that still offered the creature comforts for daily use would be the sweet spot. Also like the idea of a VF GTS for daily skids.

Comment

Audi RS6 V10?

Comment

BMW 1M for a very pleasant daily not mentioned, not too expensive, proper cool and absolutely guaranteed not to depreciate.

Comment

Working...
                                X