Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Car Ver. No Depreciation Daily Driver, Because Money is Cheap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I felt that a late Aussie V8 was a good bet, for something more exotic, an R8 or Gallardo.
    " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

Originally posted by Marlin View Post
      991.1 GT3.

Theyve already based out and are on the rise. Buy well and win. Epic capable daily.
      What's a good price for something with 15000 KM?

Comment

Originally posted by darkside View Post

There is some thing fucked with the Porsche market right now with regards the 991.1 GT3 . The engines in them are known to go bang and will be out of warranty soon enough. Fuck paying for that repair. They should have further to go but it seems the lack of supply of new cars is maybe artificially supporting the price. The 991.2 would be my pick. The release of the 992 and return of supply might soften them a touch.

E39 M5 would be epic. V10 M5 would be heart and wallet breaking. Something more analogue that still offered the creature comforts for daily use would be the sweet spot. Also like the idea of a VF GTS for daily skids.
        Pretty sure Porsche is replacing affected cars with 991.2 donks. Plus factory warranty is easy and reasonably cheap to extended.

Comment

Aren't E39 M5's known to be exceedingly expensive to maintain, not quite E60 M5 level but close
          WWPBD

Originally posted by InsaneAsylum
          first time i was in sydney, i asked the cabbie to tell a bit about the place. he said "this here oxford st, you see 2 man, they are poofter"
          Fuckwits Incorporated

Comment

I think the time to buy an Aussie V8 has past. Most are either asking stupid money for them, or they are actually appreciating.

If you do go down that route though, the blown 5L in the FG and FGX is a good thing. Mine has been 11.40@123 with tyres, a tailshaft and a tune. Gets mid 13L/100km on a mixed cycle drive, and down into the 8's highway.

Comment

Yeah, a blown FG-X or FG V8 is a nice thing for sure. Go well, sound better than the LSA equivalent. But I'd struggle with is seeing as we had a TZ Tezza for 3 years and it's the same inside. 1M is a good call perhaps, but current M's are still turbo 6 though and available as manual, so they're still making them in a way.

As for R8/Gallardo - yes, good idea too as a manual V10. Simple enough, very strong, proven tough and reliable drivetrain, sound amazing, go well. Great for a weekender, but bit too much for a daily. I'd love the updated Gallardo with the direct injected donk and revised styling from 2009 onwards. But they still 200k plus, not sure if they will come down to mid 150's like the earlier versions still. Get in now before they stop making that glorious NA engine? Can't get manual no more (7 years ago was the last manual I think), so you know which one to buy already.

Onto something affordable to fix/maintain, a good nick not-too-molested R34 GT-T manual would be a good thing also. S15 maybe, but turbo 4 cyl donks are not very inspiring to drive or listen to for mine. But check on the prices on R34 GT-R's. Insane....

Comment

You'd get a cracking R129 for $50k. I'd love one as a daily.

Click image for larger version

Name:	e952153e0b95005a4fe6400731deb917.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	7196574

Comment

Originally posted by 200MPH View Post
                  Yeah, a blown FG-X or FG V8 is a nice thing for sure. Go well, sound better than the LSA equivalent. But I'd struggle with is seeing as we had a TZ Tezza for 3 years and it's the same inside. 1M is a good call perhaps, but current M's are still turbo 6 though and available as manual, so they're still making them in a way.

As for R8/Gallardo - yes, good idea too as a manual V10. Simple enough, very strong, proven tough and reliable drivetrain, sound amazing, go well. Great for a weekender, but bit too much for a daily. I'd love the updated Gallardo with the direct injected donk and revised styling from 2009 onwards. But they still 200k plus, not sure if they will come down to mid 150's like the earlier versions still. Get in now before they stop making that glorious NA engine? Can't get manual no more (7 years ago was the last manual I think), so you know which one to buy already.

Onto something affordable to fix/maintain, a good nick not-too-molested R34 GT-T manual would be a good thing also. S15 maybe, but turbo 4 cyl donks are not very inspiring to drive or listen to for mine. But check on the prices on R34 GT-R's. Insane....
                  The Gallardo’s pretty good for parts and service depending on what you are buying. The Audi family and parts interchangeability really helps. I’ve found a local guy that’s worked on them forever and is really reasonably priced. I’ve spent more on servicing my shit box Territory than I have oh the Gallardo over the 2.5 years of ownership. I wouldn’t want to daily it though.

Comment

To be honest this was the rationale behind the purchase of the Elise. I had some money in the offset account that wasn't offsetting anymore and had sold the KE70. The right car turned up at the right time to take a leap. It is not going to be easy to move fast but I am confident that there is little to no depreciation left on a 2005 111R with 8500km on the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by tremolo View Post
                      You'd get a cracking R129 for $50k. I'd love one as a daily.

Click image for larger version

Name:	e952153e0b95005a4fe6400731deb917.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	7196574
                      My old mans goes up for auction tomorrow:

https://www.allbids.com.au/c/allbids...50l-v8-1165769

Reserve is half of $50k.

Comment

Originally posted by MZ21 View Post

Pretty sure Porsche is replacing affected cars with 991.2 donks. Plus factory warranty is easy and reasonably cheap to extended.
                        Not quite. The 991.1 is a 3.8 and the .2 is a completely revised 4.0. The main reason I reckon it’s the one to have. They were offering a replacement engine if it shat the bed but there is a timeframe on that. Don’t have the exact window at my fingertips but it isn’t forever. Also factory warranty extension isn’t a given on all cars and I think is cappaed R Max 10 years ? There are traps around where it’s serviced and whether it’s dealer traded or private. Haven’t dug into the fine detail as sadly I’m not a genuine buyer. A mate just got politely told they won’t be offering him an extension on his GT4 warranty.

Comment

Nobodies suggested STi/EVO of the Makinen/Solberg days?
                          GC8 thru to Hawkeye STi & Evo 6, 8 & 9 are still stupidly affordable, obtainable, reliable? And desirable.
                          I guess it's the whole 4 door thing that's kept their values down compared to GTR/Supra/FD, which the exception of the 2 door GC8's
                          Theyre also cars you can still get a lot of relatively easily.

Thats where my money would be aside from Holdens, which it is.

Comment

Originally posted by darkside View Post

Not quite. The 991.1 is a 3.8 and the .2 is a completely revised 4.0. The main reason I reckon it’s the one to have. They were offering a replacement engine if it shat the bed but there is a timeframe on that. Don’t have the exact window at my fingertips but it isn’t forever. Also factory warranty extension isn’t a given on all cars and I think is cappaed R Max 10 years ? There are traps around where it’s serviced and whether it’s dealer traded or private. Haven’t dug into the fine detail as sadly I’m not a genuine buyer. A mate just got politely told they won’t be offering him an extension on his GT4 warranty.
                            Extendable to 15 years. Needs to be serviced but not with Porsche but if there hasn’t been a Porsche service in the last 12 months before renewal it just needs an inspection. If you’re friend got told no extension it’s likely the dme report.

Comment

Yep mates GT3 RS went for an inspection last week, 3k later 3 more.years warranty, track use and all, no pre or post day service required just annual inspection.

If it had the money i'd be GT3 shopping now.
                              Last edited by MZ21; 11-11-20, 06:07 AM.

Comment

R129 V12 Merc would be a hoot, 290kW stock, and likely will go up in value. Would sound glorious. Or a W140 with the same donk.
                                https://www.motorbiscuit.com/the-w14...luxury-marvel/

Comment

Working...
                                X