Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Car Ver. No Depreciation Daily Driver, Because Money is Cheap!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    Originally posted by IMOA View Post

    In a similar thread a few years back I posted a link to a nice 996 series 2 on carsales, the poster didn’t buy it but another pfer did. They sold it 3 years later and made a profit including all expenses - rego, insurance, maintenance, tyres and fuel. That would also include interest in the current climate.
    I've been following the 996 GT3 market. Seemed to bottom out at ~$110k and now advertised for $150-170k.
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

    "In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

    "You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

    Comment


      #62
      lol at $50k Chasers and $200k R34s

      literally a whole markets' worth of cars that are objectively better than either of those at that money
      Originally posted by Jim
      I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

      Originally posted by elfturbomax
      What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

      Comment


        #63
        If classic car prices were set using objective measures I'd be driving a 250SWB instead of a Focus RS

        Comment


          #64
          fair point!
          Originally posted by Jim
          I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

          Originally posted by elfturbomax
          What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

          Comment


            #65
            I have a feeling the bulk of Aus sales are exporters are buying the local stock at slightly under the US/Japan prices and sending them abroad. I get the impression there are not that many people in Aus paying the same prices 34s are fetching in Japan (export), the US (import) and the UK (generally exporting to Europe). Just based on my assumptions following the sales since before they took off in price.

            Originally posted by burn is weird View Post
            I'm sitting on an R34 GTR and the goal is to convert it into a Porsche GT3 or some sort that would be considered desirable to the market going forward (not depreciating). markets are crazy at the moment, R34 values slightly decoupled due to pending US import demand compared to the whole of the used car market being inflated at present.

            whether that presents itself as a 997 or 991 im not sure at this stage and i definitely don't yet know enough about the Porsche market to move on it.

            Comment


              #66
              Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post

              I've been following the 996 GT3 market. Seemed to bottom out at ~$110k and now advertised for $150-170k.
              Sold my series 2 with leather and cf interior pack for 95k like an idiot.
              funded the e9, 240z and 2002 though and I did profit on those at least
              Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
              Memes are only detectable by NSA.

              Comment


                #67
                Originally posted by clutch-monkey View Post

                Sold my series 2 with leather and cf interior pack for 95k like an idiot.
                funded the e9, 240z and 2002 though and I did profit on those at least
                At least I can console myself that it was a series 2 :D
                "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

                "In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                (TM - AVENGE)

                "You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

                Comment


                  #68
                  Originally posted by Ribfeast View Post
                  Mitsubishi 3000GT / GTO?
                  I did see one of these nearby the other day and it gave me wood.. Getting parts though, probably not so. Even a R32/R33/R34 GTR many of the important parts are still available.
                  RIP Simon - Ghost ride that whip in the clouds forever..

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Honda DC2 Integra Type R if you can find one.
                    If you dig a hole and it is in the wrong place, digging it deeper isn't going to help.

                    Police warn that blow-up dolls are not recognised floatation devices.

                    Comment


                      #70
                      ^ or even a DC5, especially for a daily. Prices are already crazy, but it's impossible to build anything like it again, so i think they'll continue to rise. And maybe time will even be kind to the S2000 for similar reasons.

                      Also, I reckon the 147 GTA is undervalued at low 20s (let alone Redbook at 7-9k...), although perhaps that's Alfa repair fears scaring people off.

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Jensen interceptor but prices have gone up a fair bit already

                        Comment


                          #72
                          I’m biased but there’s some quite clean S14a and S15 200’s on carsales atm. Fun, certainly daily drivable and as long as you don’t do something stupid should hold their value comfortably. Prices in the 30-40k range so not cheap but not completely silly either.

                          Comment


                            #73
                            The bubble has to burst in the S14's and S15's soon. I don't know how they have gone that stupid in value. And the spare parts have gone even stupider in price.

                            Are people actually paying asking prices at the moment???

                            If they are getting asking prices I have to seriously consider selling off my rolling shell with all the bits to make a race car.... I could go an buy a running car for that money.....

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Originally posted by PXL265 View Post
                              The bubble has to burst in the S14's and S15's soon. I don't know how they have gone that stupid in value. And the spare parts have gone even stupider in price.

                              Are people actually paying asking prices at the moment???

                              If they are getting asking prices I have to seriously consider selling off my rolling shell with all the bits to make a race car.... I could go an buy a running car for that money.....
                              Yeah Silvia prices have gone a little wild. Not sure about s14s, but pretty sure you can still import an S15 in the 20s.

                              Comment


                                #75
                                Originally posted by fury View Post

                                I did see one of these nearby the other day and it gave me wood.. Getting parts though, probably not so. Even a R32/R33/R34 GTR many of the important parts are still available.
                                Are GTO/3000GT hard to get parts for? Are mitsi no longer making them? I'm sure they would be scarce at wreckers etc though.
                                Just seem like an ideal choice, plenty of engine displacement, turbo, AWD, comfy, rare, attractive to look at IMHO. More of a grand tourer but that would make it comfy as a daily too.

                                https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...-6783777/?Cr=6

                                https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...-6526545/?Cr=0
                                Last edited by Ribfeast; 16-11-20, 09:04 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X