Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Car Ver. No Depreciation Daily Driver, Because Money is Cheap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ribfeast View Post

Are GTO/3000GT hard to get parts for? Are mitsi no longer making them? I'm sure they would be scarce at wreckers etc though.
    Just seem like an ideal choice, plenty of engine displacement, turbo, AWD, comfy, rare, attractive to look at IMHO. More of a grand tourer but that would make it comfy as a daily too.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...-6783777/?Cr=6

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...-6526545/?Cr=0
    You'll be suggesting Z32 300ZXs next!
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

After not seeing any for years I've seen a couple of GTOs in the past week. They do have a lot of road presence.

Comment

Originally posted by clutch-monkey View Post

Sold my series 2 with leather and cf interior pack for 95k like an idiot.
        funded the e9, 240z and 2002 though and I did profit on those at least
        Wait what? You had a GT3?
        The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Comment

Originally posted by Cal View Post

Wait what? You had a GT3?
          ‘Mine’, I went halves at the time with my old man (he had sold his business, I had a big liability payout for medical reasons).
          reason we sold it is that we took it to the track three times and promptly realised we were idiots and relegated it to street car duties for a year before selling.
          could never be comfortable driving something of that value around.
          Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
          Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

So it was a while ago then?
            The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Comment

So it was a while ago then?
              Aaages. Before I had the white martini car (that car was a direct outcome of that experience)
              Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
              Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

What would be a decent investment at a cheaper price would be a DC2 Integra Type R.

None on gumtree, none on carsales. Though there's hundreds of 'WTB' ads for them. I'm assuming they were all written off in the early 2000s?

Comment

A mate of mine has one, or had one last time I caught up with him many years ago. Probably worth good money these days.

Comment

I guess it depends where you live and what your commute consists of, but for me these days a daily has to be an auto.

Comment

I guess it depends where you live and what your commute consists of, but for me these days a daily has to be an auto.
                      I'll be dailying a manual on the Coorparoo/Cleveland run until I can't buy one anymore.

I can see your point on an inner city commute though. I'd probably go hybrid or electric if I had to work in the city every day (actually I'd probably ride my bike, but anyway).

Comment

My morning commute is about 8.5kms and can take anywhere from 25-40 mins.

No shower in my building so riding is out of the question. Plus I go and see people during the day, so need the car.

Comment

Yep, that would suck in a manual. Mine is 25km in 25-30 minutes.

Comment

Do people honestly think these prices for VF HSV's (particularly LSA powered ones), any real late model V8 Ford / Holden, S15's, Hondas etc are sustainable ?

A tidy VN SS was sub 15 for ages, crackheads now want 40. I saw a very nice VS Clubsport listed today at 52k. What the fuck, it's a 15k car at best ?

Even my LSA R8 Clubby is now insured for over 80k when a year ago i had to argue to have it insured for 65.

This shit can't go on forever surely...
                            Last edited by Fatboy; 18-11-20, 08:46 PM.
                            The older i get, the better i was...

Comment

Nah, bubble has to burst soon.

I will predict when the jobseeker, jobkeeper and super runs out, or the corona measures drag into next year and more people are affected that can't access money to live on.

I would hazard a guess that a lot of the money being spent is money that would have spent elsewhere if there were no restrictions.

Comment

People like me for example. Covid didn’t effect me, in fact we are busier than ever, I work from home now, no overseas holiday. I got all this disposable income and no where to go.... I’m currently rexy hunting.

Comment

Working...
                                X