Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Car Ver. No Depreciation Daily Driver, Because Money is Cheap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• itsnotagsr
    replied
    Gallardos have gone up. They were nudging $100k for early autos.

Leave a comment:

• bigshipengine.jpg
    replied
    Werent they that same price when Uncle bought his years ago?

Leave a comment:

• 200MPH
    replied
    Yes, been noticing that with Gallardos myself for a long time. Think that's about the base of the market for them too.

Easy to play this game for a weekender. Far harder to do it for a daily.

Leave a comment:

• Captain_Slow
    replied
    This is not really in the "daily driver" category, but I'm wondering about early Gallardos that are now 15 or so years old and are the cheapest Lamborghinis on the market these days. They seem to be at $130-150k now; is that likely to be the bottoming out of their depreciation curve?

Leave a comment:

• mrkebabs
    replied
    Originally posted by neil_se View Post

I was thinking the IV B98.
    Good value those things. Good luck with your decision!

Leave a comment:

• neil_se
    replied
    Originally posted by mrkebabs View Post
    Clio 182 or Mk3 200? Both are loads of fun and easy enough to DIY mod. I sold a Megane 265 to keep the Clio 200 Megane's are silly fast for daily duties though. Mine gave me nostalgia of my old evo5.
    ​​​​
    I was thinking the IV B98.

Leave a comment:

• itsnotagsr
    replied
    Speaking to a mate of mine who sold a mint E3 for huge money (to me who remembers these being a max $20k car LOL). New group of people buying imports is <30yo overseas student who has plenty of money to burn. Paying $50k for an old Lancer is nothing when your other car is a MacLaren.

Leave a comment:

• mrkebabs
    replied
    Originally posted by neil_se View Post

I had been considering a Clio RS for nopics as they'd be fun while also fuel efficient (she has a decent daily commute). I was after something a bit more modifiable for myself though, interesting enough to turn up to a car meet in.
    Clio 182 or Mk3 200? Both are loads of fun and easy enough to DIY mod. I sold a Megane 265 to keep the Clio 200 Megane's are silly fast for daily duties though. Mine gave me nostalgia of my old evo5.
    ​​​​

Leave a comment:

• kedderz
    replied
    Could of at least compared it to the st205 not a st185 ...... Always a spanner though isn't he.

Leave a comment:

• neil_se
    replied
    Originally posted by Banzai View Post
    What about the best RenaultSport Clio or Megane you can find for the budget? They are a lot of fun for bum-draggers.
    I had been considering a Clio RS for nopics as they'd be fun while also fuel efficient (she has a decent daily commute). I was after something a bit more modifiable for myself though, interesting enough to turn up to a car meet in.

Leave a comment:

• 23Kev
    replied
    Yep, I watched that and then remembered I’m buying it because it’s a good car and not an investment!

Leave a comment:

• bigshipengine.jpg
    replied
    Originally posted by 23Kev View Post
    Talk of future classics is super interesting for me at the moment, I'm in a position I never thought I'd be in. People lucky enough to have got one of (potentially) a small number of GR Yaris' (Aus delivered, likely between 1350-2000?) have the potential to have a future classic in 10-20 years time. Its a similar style to a STI or Evo (maybe even more special than these due to its uniqueness to its namesake), its made at a time when very few other manufacturers are making similar cars, its manual, suited to drivers, has a shit ton of hype at launch with a very likely limited global run.

I'm going to keep it basically forever, at least 10 years, probably double that. While I'm going to drive it fairly regularly, its not going to have more than 5000-7000km per year put on it, I'm also probably not going to mod it all that much.
    Will it be worth the same or more than what I paid for it in 2/5/10/20 years time? No idea, maybe? Will it be this generations evo/sierra cosworth/integrale? Maybe?

As I mentioned, I didn't think it would have the hype it has, I didn't think it would be as cheap as we got it for and I didn't think I'd have the means to buy it. Am I glad I did and am I stoked that it may actually be an investment that pays itself over the next period of my life, fucking oath. In saying all this, I've got absolutely no idea how to care for a car like this. Apart from garaging it, keeping it well maintained and (possibly) as original as possible, is there anything else I should do?

p.s. I know I should probably stop talking about this car but its hard to contain the excitement....
    Everyone's favourite motoring Journo has already attempted to answer your question for you.

Leave a comment:

• andy_wk
    replied
    Originally posted by Banzai View Post
    What about the best RenaultSport Clio or Megane you can find for the budget? They are a lot of fun for bum-draggers.
    Looking at one of these (Meg) today. The prices have had a bit of a Covid bump - but looking more like a few grand compared to the start of the year, not $10k increases for high mileage shitheaps.

Leave a comment:

• Banzai
    replied

Leave a comment:

• neil_se
    replied
    I've been wanting a fun weekender under 10-15k but fucked if you can get anything for that. I'm in no hurry so I can wait out the inflated prices, but my concern is that in 6-12 months everyone who paid high won't want to sell at a loss, and everyone who's held onto them won't want to sell at 10k when they could have gotten 15k, so prices will stay artificially high.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X