Hybrid SUV, which is less shit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hybrid SUV, which is less shit?

The sheeple magnum opus, perfect for being smug at little johny's soccer practice.
    But would make more sense for my use than my current Mitshubishi Challeger, which does 100km a month these day.
    What is out there and how bad are they really?

Budget?

because you might be in ex gov outlander phev category or Volvo turbo supercharged hybrid land and there’s lots of $$$ in the middle

im a hybrid fan to be honest, get a rav 4 hybrid if it meets your requirements, some models can hardly tow so check that out first if you need to

Comment

Guy at work just bought the new rav 4 hybrid. Looks like a good girly truck if it fits for your purpose.

Comment

They're all the same ... what's the MrBisih used for, and why replace it?
        Just asking because I had a similar though to MexicanBatman; if it's for towing, pretty much all SUV's that don't drink like a fish are shit for that.
        I think some of the Lexus-badged Klangers (they don't sell a hybrid Toyota-badged Klanger here do they?) can manage up to 1500kg depending on model.
        Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Budget would be around $40k, needs to carry 4 adults and dog which sadly would rule out the RX350/400h. Towing isn't a priority, the most I would tow would be a box trailer, and I have access to a couple of utes/tilt trays/semi trailer with floats at work.

Comment

Kia is about to bring in the hyrbid Sorrento but likely to be well above that price bracket. Maybe in a year or 2.
            If in doubt power out

Comment

AWD rav4 can do at least 1200, maybe 1500, fwd is like 200kg or similar. Toyota probably has the best hybrid tech around.
              I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
                They're all the same ... what's the MrBisih used for, and why replace it?
                Just asking because I had a similar though to MexicanBatman; if it's for towing, pretty much all SUV's that don't drink like a fish are shit for that.
                I think some of the Lexus-badged Klangers (they don't sell a hybrid Toyota-badged Klanger here do they?) can manage up to 1500kg depending on model.
                i’m assuming you’re talking about the Kluger in which case there is no such thing as a Lexus -badged version

The nearest is the RX which is big for a “medium” SUV - if you can’t fit 4 people and a dog in one of those (especially considering there’s a 7-seat version) you’re in real trouble
                Originally posted by Jim
                I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
                  i’m assuming you’re talking about the Kluger in which case there is no such thing as a Lexus -badged version
                  Yeah I know they start changing panels after the first body-shape, but RX400h/RX450h is a Klanger same as ES350 is a Camry.
                  But it sounds like irsa76 wants something new, so that's irr-elephant anyway.

RAV4 juuust scrapes in under $40k for the base model, I reckon that would be the safest bet.
                  Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

If doing so few ks what's the point?
                    I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Heard good things about the Outlander PHEV. Runs for the first 50-80km on battery, then flips to petrol I believe. If you have solar and can charge it free, then it's even more appealing.

Comment

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post

RAV4 juuust scrapes in under $40k for the base model, I reckon that would be the safest bet.
                        But if an RX is not big enough how is a Rav 4 which is a size smaller going to do the job.

In Aus basically no cheap hybrids in that size. Kia/Hyundai are only looking to introduce in early 2021 and the Volvo/Lexus hybrids are $$$. Also the Volvo hybrid is only good if you're charging it everyday otherwise you will use more petrol than the non-hybrid model lugging around the extra weight and trying to charge the battery.
                        If in doubt power out

Comment

Originally posted by Rona View Post
                          But if an RX is not big enough how is a Rav 4 which is a size smaller going to do the job.
                          I missed that bit, for some reason I read it as the Lexus Klanger being too expensive ... irsa76, when you say "carry 4 adults", does that mean plus driver or something? I mean the adults would physically fit even if it's "plus driver", but you won't get anything hybrid that's any bigger than an RXx.

Comment

Keep the Challenger and don't set fire to money needlessly on depreciation.

Comment

^ pretty much this..cheapest car is the one you own.

If you are doing only 100km a month, why do you need a hybrid?
                              RIP Simon - Ghost ride that whip in the clouds forever..

Comment

Working...
                              X