Pop Quiz - Version: Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pop Quiz - Version: Cars

Went to a quiz night last night. Was ok, but could have been a lot better. Got me thinking, time to test out the PF brains trust with 5 random car questions. Ready? Your time starts....now!

1) Cosworth, where does the name come from?

2) Nissan R32 GT-R had an AWD system (ATTESSA) that helped it dominate Group A racing. Where did the ATTESSA system originate from? Hint: Gruppe B.

3) Yaris GR is all the rage right here, right now. But in the 80's, which manufacturer was so far ahead of the curve with hi-po turbo triple engines in what could be described as a spiritual ancestor of the current hotness GR?

4) Great Scott! We all know and love the time machine from Back to the Future. The Delorean. Sounded like a V8 with turbine overlay in the film. But what slightly less inspiring engine did they actually have? Bonus point, where were the cars made? 2nd bonus point, what existing chassis were they built on?

5) Two legendary race winning motors from the same era. Wouldn't want to be dyslexic though and get an online lynching by mixing them up. What the difference between the RB26 and the R26B?

OK go. Answer below, but work out in your head the answers before scrolling down.

Oh, and no cheating. You may be tempted to do a sneaky google, but I've thought of that and got you covered. I've inserted a small piece of tracking code into this thread and should you so much as look at google, Bill Gates himself will be notified and turn up to poke you in the eye with a USB and/or strangle you with a mouse cord (remember them?)!

Number 2: I heard it was copied from a 959?
    Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
    Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

1. combined names of the two blokes Mike Costin and Keith Duckworth who started Cosworth

Comment

$. Peugeot rensult based V6 and made in Ireland

Comment

Q1. Mike Costin and Keith Duckworth, founders of Cosworth.

Comment

3. Daihatsu charade?
            Originally posted by Rdyno
            70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
            Originally posted by Tripper
            Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

5. Inline 6 vs 4 rotor.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Q3 Daihatsu! That's who!
                Lots of minis & mokes including a G13b powered Sports Sedan, a couple of Swift Gtis, a Goggomobil, Porsche 928S, Polo Gti, BMW 540i, a WRX and a few others.

Comment

OUCH!!

Fuck Me, he wasn't kidding about the Bill Gates thing - that hurts!
                  Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Every answer so far is correct! Including the poke in the eye.

Just the 2nd bonus point for the Delorean to go and we have all answers sorted.

Did anyone know the answer to all questions?

Comment

Nup. I did wonder about the Delorean chassis. Wasn't it sorted by Lotus?

Comment

Originally posted by megs View Post
                        Nup. I did wonder about the Delorean chassis. Wasn't it sorted by Lotus?
                        Lotus Esprit I think and made in Ireland.

Vaguely recall the initial engine intended for the vehicle was a rotary.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Originally posted by Gin Kii View Post

Lotus Esprit I think and made in Ireland.

Vaguely recall the initial engine intended for the vehicle was a rotary.
                          I think it was "copied" from a Lotus but I think this would be the answer you're looking for.

Comment

You'll have to try better than that....

How about.

Where can the current Mclaren 4 litre twin turbo engine trace it's lineage to?

Where did the engine company name Ilmor derive from?

Name the largest car manufacturer in the world currently?

" Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

Yep - final answer has arrived. Lotus Esprit chassis was adapted for the Delorean.

Got you covered Roy:

Macca donk is a development of the Nissan LeMans donk developed by Ricciardo many moons ago.

Ilmore I have the answer nearly there, but can't quite reach out and grab it. Illario & Moroder? Nah, that's not quite right. Either way, yes please, I'll take one.

Largest now? VW/Toyota been fighting it out for a while, but it would have to be our glorious Chinese overlords now I'm sure. Don't matter which one, they're all overseen by Winnie the Pooh's henchmen. That's about as much as I care there.

Comment

Working...
                              X