Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only one i wouldn’t get is 2
    Originally posted by Jim
    I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
    What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Originally posted by 200MPH View Post
      Yep - final answer has arrived. Lotus Esprit chassis was adapted for the Delorean.

Got you covered Roy:

Macca donk is a development of the Nissan LeMans donk developed by Ricciardo many moons ago.

Close, engine was designed by Ilmor for Indy IRL but not used and then picked up by Nissan for the VRH series. Somewhere along the line TWR bought the rights who then sold it to McLaren who got Ricardo to help develop it into its current guise.

Comment

All I know is Pajero is Spanish for wanker

Comment

Ilmor comes from Mario Illien and Paul Morgan, company founders

Comment

I wish I had seen this first, as knew 4 of the 5

Did know know the heritage of the Atessa system

Comment

Wasn't there a turbo 3cyl Suzuki Cultus or Swift at the same time as the Charade?
              Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
                Wasn't there a turbo 3cyl Suzuki Cultus or Swift at the same time as the Charade?
                Ooooh, good point.

I was thinking it was going to be the Dihatsu Charade Detomaso special

Comment

Originally posted by MisterB View Post
                  Ilmor comes from Mario Illien and Paul Morgan, company founders
                  Having both been Cosworth employees, they continued the tradition of company naming.....

" Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

ok some more. probably easy.

1) what vehicle was used by jaguar as the test bed for development of the XJ220?

2) the quasar was a concept car based on the chassis and driveline of which group B rally car?

3) which model of daewoo is based on the lotus elise chassis?

4) which model of commodore, prior to the ZB, was available with a 4cyl (export only still counts)

5) it's 1988 and your ferrari 308 blew up. you need a new motor. which luxury car is the cheapest way to source a new one?

Comment

Originally posted by FioriGuy View Post
                      ok some more. probably easy.

1) what vehicle was used by jaguar as the test bed for development of the XJ220? - ford transit mk3

2) the quasar was a concept car based on the chassis and driveline of which group B rally car? - rs200 i think

3) which model of daewoo is based on the lotus elise chassis?

4) which model of commodore, prior to the ZB, was available with a 4cyl (export only still counts) vn

5) it's 1988 and your ferrari 308 blew up. you need a new motor. which luxury car is the cheapest way to source a new one? lancia thema 8.32

no idea on 3 - ill go cielo 1.5i
                      Last edited by Sloth; 17-11-20, 11:12 AM.
                      I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

I am junkie for swedish high quality shitboxes. my latest fix is this...

robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

#4 I think maybe there are multiple answers, because I remember Dad renting a new 4cyl VC when we went to Cairns in the early 80's & it wasn't export-only. Unless "export only" is a misdirection ...

#5. SLE or Calais (until 1985).

Sloth, I'm pretty sure the Cielo was a 1984 Kadett which they left in the sun to melt.
                        Last edited by Captiva Fan; 17-11-20, 11:42 AM.
                        Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloth View Post

no idea on 3 - ill go cielo 1.5i
                          Daewoo made a "Roadster" which was literally a 1st gen Elise with a facelift. Dunno how many they sold, I presume not many. It was 20yrs ago
                          Japanese Nostalgic Car - Dedicated to classic japanese cars

Comment

There was a 4 cylinder VN Commodore exported to NZ IIRC.

Comment

the daewoo is the speedster which is a rebadged VX220

last 4cyl was the VN yep

nobody has #2 right though

Comment

Was it an RS200? I seem to vaguely recall that some such thing existed, and an RS200 was just flimsy panels on a tubular chassis wasn't it?

Comment

Working...
                                X