Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

brains trust question: driving from ACT to QLD and setting a subaru and 323 on fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brains trust question: driving from ACT to QLD and setting a subaru and 323 on fire

hi guys i have a situation id like some help with.

i need to drive to the sunshine coast around xmas from the ACT. need to take a dog, 2 adults, baby and lots of luggage. its a one way trip as we then fly out to a posting OS for 3 years. we have 2 cars here that are both questionable but will PROBABLY make it. the 323 will go to the wreckers in QLD and the subaru forester is worth 3-5k i guess. below is what i see my options are:

1. drive both cars, hope they make it. if one doesn't, pile in the other one. once there, get father in law to sell the car in NSW (where he is from) but he doesn't seem real keen, says cars need to be sold with an inspection?
    2. hire 1 car, try to sell the subaru here and rent a car here to drive up with the 323 as a backup/dog/luggage car. cost would be like $1000 plus fuel.
    3. send the dog up on a plane, fly up, do ubers up there - have to be over $2000 bucks easy.

any other options im missing? thanks for letting me work this out.

anyone need a nice car driven to QLD over xmas

323 will probably make it if its an 85+ cant kill those things. Having said that, sell the forrester in cbr, drive the 323 up, send to wrecker once up there.

Comment

Drive both. Car doesn't need an inspection if being sold in NSW with NSW rego.

People worry too much about long drives. As long as it holds water and oil it will piss it in.

Comment

Fuck sending the dog on a plane up there, drive both
        Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
        Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

take the dog in case you need to eat it
          This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless.

Comment

Dump the 323 at my place so I can use it as a beach car. :p
            Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

From my experience with old cars and massive roadtrips - if it starts and holds its fluids it'll run forever.

Failing that RACQ used to do a premium membership thing where they'd tow you up to 300km for reasonably cheap.

Comment

thanks for your comments guys. im leaning towards selling the subaru in the ACT (it has ACT rego) ang getting a towbar for the 323 and towing our trailer up there with our luggage in it...

piss98 - if you wanna come to the sunshine coast im sure we can work something out. maybe even brisbane airport. still has rego.

Comment

Don’t get me wrong I won’t pay real money but I could probably manage more than a wrecker (do they even pay anymore or charge you to take it away?) 🤣

i live on the Sunny Coast so I’ll be here (also open to beers)! 😉
                  Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Sell both in ACT and hitch

Comment

The answer is , as always, AU wagon on gas.HTH

Comment

Sell both, drive F40
                        Originally posted by brasher
                        TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Working...
                        X