Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decent H4 globes. What's the hotness?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Do any of these higher output bulbs create damage to the housings over time?

    With the high cost and poor availability of JZA80 headlights, I would hate to cause any undue damage, so its best to ask the question first, I feel...

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Mr Ree View Post
      Do any of these higher output bulbs create damage to the housings over time?

      With the high cost and poor availability of JZA80 headlights, I would hate to cause any undue damage, so its best to ask the question first, I feel...
      Ive had no damage using the higher output bulbs in various different cars, dont the Jz80's use a projector lens,
      if so you could put led bulbs in. Ive use Hikari led bulbs before and minimal adjustment. You can get various adaptors to suit different cars if required
      you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

      Comment


        #18
        Hella +50% are pretty good. Cheap as fuck from Rock Auto ($AUD3.27ea plus about $16 for freight) if you can wait a week to get them

        https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...541900&jsn=482
        Last edited by Greasystick; 25-11-20, 12:44 PM.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Tripper View Post

          Ive had no damage using the higher output bulbs in various different cars, dont the Jz80's use a projector lens,
          if so you could put led bulbs in. Ive use Hikari led bulbs before and minimal adjustment. You can get various adaptors to suit different cars if required

          Cheers for your input, Tripper.

          The fog lamp and the low beam have the big glass domes which Im guessing are projector lenses. The high beam is a typical reflection design.

          The JZA80 housings have a bad reputation for suffering from blistering below the fog map projector, and all 3 lights can burn the chrome rings that surround them, so Im understandably cautious of installing my brand new housings before knowing which bulbs to change to..

          Ive never even contemplated LED's to be honest, so thanks for the suggestion. Is it as easy as just swapping them in, or do they need some kind of resistors wired in? I wouldnt know where to start in regard to selecting the right product...
          Last edited by Mr Ree; 25-11-20, 02:34 PM.

          Comment


            #20
            Just need to be careful with LEDs, as the "filament" is not in the same place that the reflectors and projectors are designed for/expecting.

            Comment


              #21
              I'm hoping the Philip's RacingVision GT200's will be the pick of the lot as they are the most expensive.

              Though I hope they don't fuck out in a short time as I got nearly 20 years out of the original sealed beams and they are still working!

              Thanks for posting the power bulbs site as well, I would have just gone to autobarn otherwise.

              Will do a bit more research before I order.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Ribfeast View Post
                Just need to be careful with LEDs, as the "filament" is not in the same place that the reflectors and projectors are designed for/expecting.
                Very true.

                The projector globes are fully adjustable, but I dont think that would make up for an LED stalk with side mounted lights hahaha

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Mr Ree View Post

                  Very true.

                  The projector globes are fully adjustable, but I dont think that would make up for an LED stalk with side mounted lights hahaha
                  There is no dramas using decent led bulbs, i have used Hikari led bulbs in a projector housing before.
                  this video explains some stuff , the channel also has reviews on various led bulbs
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSAoUrecAVI
                  you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Tripper View Post

                    There is no dramas using decent led bulbs, i have used Hikari led bulbs in a projector housing before.
                    this video explains some stuff , the channel also has reviews on various led bulbs
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSAoUrecAVI
                    Cheers for that info fella

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Most aftermarket LED are designed to be used I. A parabolic reflector and not a projector and perform poorly in a projector, HID are usually better in a projector in most cases
                      ..........

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by MexicanBatman View Post
                        Most aftermarket LED are designed to be used I. A parabolic reflector and not a projector and perform poorly in a projector, HID are usually better in a projector in most cases
                        Yes, I have seen quite a few Seppo's do HID retrofits into their Supra's, but thats way more hassle and expense that I want to look at lol

                        Comment


                          #27
                          I have used the mini projector LED replacements in a couple of cars including a Triton ute and find them to be pretty good. Good cutoff on low beam and acceptable light on high beam. Just need to be careful to get RHD or LHD versions.

                          The early ones I got were not a flat with upswept left hand side but were tilted up from right to left, newer ones have the proper upsweep to the left.
                          Radical SR3
                          HSV R8
                          BMW 325ti Proddy Car

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Good info in this

                            https://youtu.be/X1L_aFGjmSI

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Ending up ordering the GT200'S from power bulbs today. Got them for $51 including delivery with a black Friday 25% off code.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by 080GMH View Post
                                Ending up ordering the GT200'S from power bulbs today. Got them for $51 including delivery with a black Friday 25% off code.
                                They always have a discount codes varies between 20% and 25% off
                                you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X