https://www.caradvice.com.au/904012/...-song-special/

Pity they didn't throw the 6 in it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	liberty.jpeg
Views:	456
Size:	196.1 KB
ID:	7201813
    "It takes beer to make thirst worth while."

IMHO - They should have killed it years ago. Ever since Toyota took a large share of Subaru the Liberty has been a pile of crap. They lost their way in the fifth generation. Prior to that they where on their way to being a Lexus and BMW alternative for a "quality" car. They felt all poverty in the fifth going, small example was going from metal door handles to cheap plastic.

On the note of the vehicles size, the new WRX/Legnorg looks to be the same size as the series four.

I wish Subaru didn't loose their way. /endrant.
    Sent from my shed, trapped under a collapsed QuickJack, via Tapatalk

Comment

And not one fuck was given.
      I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Originally posted by mizone View Post
        IMHO - They should have killed it years ago. Ever since Toyota took a large share of Subaru the Liberty has been a pile of crap. They lost their way in the fifth generation. Prior to that they where on their way to being a Lexus and BMW alternative for a "quality" car. They felt all poverty in the fifth going, small example was going from metal door handles to cheap plastic.
        Chasing the US market was what the 5th Gen was all about ... I guess when you distill it down, the US market desires crap?

Liberty going away completely is probably less of a Thing than when Liberty wagons went away.
        Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Originally posted by mizone View Post
          I remember test driving a fifth gen H6 with my Dad in 2010 not long after they'd gone on sale, largely on the strength of how good people kept saying Subarus were, budget Lexus alternative and all that. We were both amazed at how cheap the whole thing felt. Needless to say, he didn't buy one.

So is the Liberty dead everywhere? Is there just going to be the Outback now on and that's it?

Comment

always wanted a B-spec h6 turbo thing - still do. otherwise as others have said - meh. bring back the RS wagon

Comment

I had a Gen 4 Spec B H6 wagon, 6sp, was a great car. Turbo would have made it even better!

Comment

Originally posted by Ribfeast View Post
                I had a Gen 4 Spec B H6 wagon, 6sp, was a great car. Turbo would have made it even better!
                The arby. Had one as well and have to say the interior will still hold against the crap they are producing now.

Comment

Yeah I thought they aged really well, both inside and out. Was a great daily, should have kept it. But it was on engine #3 at 220k.

Comment

The Levorg is the same size as the Gen 4 wagon. You are correct on the interior, Gen 4 was a LOT nicer than the Gen 5. Had a loner while the Levorg was getting fixed and it just felt way too cheap, and of course, the Gen 4 styling still holds up well.

My old Gen 4

Click image for larger version

Name:	521526_3949184213706_2069781835_n.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	7202066
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Reax; 26-11-20, 04:27 PM.
                    "It takes beer to make thirst worth while."

Comment

All 17 fans will be devo.
                      Originally posted by brasher
                      TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Legacy B4 4LYF yolo!

Comment

Owned 2 but good riddance. RS Turbo > 3.0RB.

"The rest of the world should just give up and leave car manufacturing to the Japanese and Germans ." anonymous

My Kitchen Stools

Comment

Originally posted by TJ View Post
                            All 17 fans will be devo.
                            Chortle
                            I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

This thing is so poor for what's being marketed as a send off.

Comment

Working...
                              X