No announcement yet.

2020 Final Subaru Liberty for Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I was surprised how shit quality the gen 5 was compared to the 4. Hard plastics and the like. Plus ugly body. I basically bought my GT spec.B at the time because I drove a couple of 3 series and it felt better. They started to drop the ball after that..
    RIP Simon - Ghost ride that whip in the clouds forever..

Comment

Yep, libs have been dead since the 5th gen. The only thing that made them even slightly palatable was the wagon.
      Just skip the bullshit and roll it into the dumpster fire that was the rest of this year.

Comment

Being Subaru, no doubt the specs and features will still be what you found on a Subaru in 2012....
        /csh Racing

Comment

Does anyone even care about the current Subaru range at all? Seems like the entire brand could disappear tomorrow and very little fucks would be given
          Originally posted by Jim
          I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
          What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Always seems like ahead of the curve on a new model.. then behind the curve for the next 10 years after as they release the same model.

They're fucked on EV + hybrid, and as a smaller niche manufacturer they are looking shaky. In the US though, every Lesbian Soccer Mum seems to love them, so that gives them a core market to cling to.
            RIP Simon - Ghost ride that whip in the clouds forever..

Comment

They need to invest in a proper auto or dsg box the CVT is woeful especially if trying to target a premium range. Audi pretty much pioneered CVT and quickly dropped it from their range as they just drive like shit.
              If in doubt power out

Comment

Probably explains the sudden explosion in Liberty, and Outback, police cars, Subaru needs to clear the docks of the 2 year old unsold cars.
                The Father inlaw just bought an Outback premium and while it's a nice car, it's actuallly closer in interior finish and presentation to my 2014 Challenger than a 2018 ZB Calais.
                Subaru have always done the dependable all road wagon thing very well, it's always been their sedans that let them down.

Comment

A lot easier to sell shitty, outdated technology and crappy interiors by calling it an ‘SUV’.

Comment

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
                    Does anyone even care about the current Subaru range at all? Seems like the entire brand could disappear tomorrow and very little fucks would be given
                    You've nailed it. How much longer they can keep going with the same car makes the Pajero and Lancer seem like modern vehicles.
                    Sent from my shed, trapped under a collapsed QuickJack, via Tapatalk

Comment

The thing I really don't get about Subaru at the moment is what its doing with WRX.

So first of all, they've decoupled it from the regular Impreza range - so there's now a new basic Impreza model for about three years before the WRX comes out. As the WRX is still clearly an Impreza underneath, it just makes it an old looking and feeling model as soon as it comes out.

And then they don't seem to know what to do with it anyway. Same features and performance as ten years ago? CVT automatic version? Flared guards, vents and all that but then a tiny lip spoiler - are they going for tough or classy?

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_Slow View Post
                        The thing I really don't get about Subaru at the moment is what its doing with WRX.

So first of all, they've decoupled it from the regular Impreza range - so there's now a new basic Impreza model for about three years before the WRX comes out. As the WRX is still clearly an Impreza underneath, it just makes it an old looking and feeling model as soon as it comes out.

And then they don't seem to know what to do with it anyway. Same features and performance as ten years ago? CVT automatic version? Flared guards, vents and all that but then a tiny lip spoiler - are they going for tough or classy?
                        No $$$$ They never invested in tech like DSG etc... Instead continued to ride on their WRC success to get people to buy them.. or the other one I like.. "Tuned by STi" which just consisted of a spoiler, front lip, wheels and some STi logo's plastered over the car...

The fact the STi is still using the old EJ engine says it all....
                        /csh Racing

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	5th_Subaru_Legacy_1.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	7202322
                          At least they made it look better than when this shape first came about, jesus that was ugly, now it looks not bad

Interesting that interior quality supposedly dropped with this shape, I haven't been in one, but gen 4 and forester interiors I thought was junk in that everything felt light/loose like it was going to fall apart, much like a Honda, and unlike a Toyota or Nissan (~2002-2015 excepted) that feel solid.

The Levorg is cool, but CVT only, wtf? it's basically a WRX wagon, how many WRX sales are manual, over 50% I would have thought.
                          Originally posted by ALLMTR
                          Yes but more power is the solution, even if lack of power isn't the problem...

Comment

Knowing personally some people that have had Outbacks through all their iterations balking at buying a Gen 5, this doesn't surprise me. They look fucking horrid, and if anything their interiors are a downgrade from Gen 4 versions. I drive a Gen 4 outback with 500k kms on the clock (second motor mind you) that has a decent interior still. No squeaks or vibrations. Compare it to my parent's Gen 5 Outback and its a Rolls Royce
                            Originally posted by ahabthearab
                            If you're in Amsterdam why the fuck are you even conscious and not in a drug fueled haze bent over with some crackhore hooker jamming a giant black didldo up your arse?

Comment

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
                              Well why would you buy one?

Father in law looked at an outback with the six, and brought a Mazda 6. Much better value proposition. TBH Subaru have been releasing these awesome looking concepts, and then hit them with the ugly stick when they get released.

Outside of a wrX nothings got balls.

Comment

The fact you can trace the underpinnings of an imprezza back to like 1989 is shameful.
                                Originally posted by brasher
                                TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Working...
                                X