Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy high car auction prices

https://www.facebook.com/SurvivorCar...11026842439900

Plain Jane Falcon utes sell for ridiculous money at recent auction. All utes stock 6 cyl. Low kms 1967 XR Ford Falcon Utility (manual ) in immaculate condition, with books and only 8,080 miles on the clock, XF Ford utility with 2321 kms

1967 XR Ford Falcon Utility $91,450
    1985 XF Ford Falcon Utility $79,220
    1995 XG Ford Falcon Utility $46,600
    1995 XG Ford Falcon Utility $23,300

They might be the nicest XF/XG utes left on earth, but surely they aren't worth anything like that much. The scary thing is that for that to be an auction result, there were at least two bidders who thought those prices were fine.

Comment

Fuck a duck.

Remember when XF falcoons cost a carton of beer? I do
      AutoMotif / VC Valiant / TJ Wrangler

Comment

Someone trying to launder money?
        Tray full of coke?

Comment

Must come with a tray full of door handles (xfs), because the new owner will need them.

Comment

Too many dumb fucks can't holiday in Bali so they're spending money on stupid shit like this.

Comment

Dummy bids?

Comment

Money laundering at its finest IMO. The same as the 300 grand ooshies.

Comment

Originally posted by Gats View Post
                  Too many dumb fucks can't holiday in Bali so they're spending money on stupid shit like this.
                  I've never been to Bali, but if it's like driving an XF ute I don't understand why anyone goes?
                  Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Originally posted by SRV View Post
                    Dummy bids?

x2, that shit cant be legit.?
                    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Just looking at other results from the same auction:

Toolex 12t pipe bender went for $340 + buyers premium, they're $209 new in the shop.
                      Ozito 900w hammer drill $325 + buyers premium, $99 at Bunnings.

Comment

I should have put the clubbie in that auction.
                        .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by SRV View Post
                          Just looking at other results from the same auction:

Toolex 12t pipe bender went for $340 + buyers premium, they're $209 new in the shop.
                          Ozito 900w hammer drill $325 + buyers premium, $99 at Bunnings.
                          I've always wondered why or how people end up spending overs on cars at auction. It makes no sense to me. That stuff is even worse... has to be something else going on.

Is there something around the payment method at auction? e.g. do they take cash without the identify of the buyer being verified?
                          Find your Freedom
                          Home Loans | Car Loans | Investment Portfolios | Property Management
                          www.FreedomFunding.com.au
                          www.ProgressiveProperty.com.au

Click for PF Loans
                          If you're thinking of buying, or that you may be paying too much on your home loan PM me for a no obligation chat!

Comment

Got to launder money somehow!
                            "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                            (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                            Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Originally posted by Morgs View Post
                              I've always wondered why or how people end up spending overs on cars at auction. It makes no sense to me.
                              Total lack of research. They "know" it's always cheaper to buy a car at auction, and don't look into what they could get it for elsewhere. It's an even sillier mistake in these days of being able to look up CarSales on your 'phone while attending the auction ...
                              Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Working...
                              X