Crazy high car auction prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shane001 View Post

You had to continue to qualify to receive the payments. Pre July it was a forward estimate of turnover, if you had reasonable expectation of the downturn you could claim it, if the expectation didn't result in as much downturn as expected you weren't required to repay it. From July qualification went off actual turnover as part of your BAS returns, so there was no way to fudge it, unless you were fudging your actual tax returns.

Maintaining the employees you were receiving payments for though is one area the ATO could check up on and apply penalties. Guaranteed there were plenty out there claiming for employees that no longer existed... Though with STP now that would be more difficult.
    I reread the ATO site and it is an estimate, that is fucked.
    Last edited by TROLLA; 05-03-21, 03:30 PM.
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

Originally posted by PLAYA View Post

I reread the ATO site and it is an estimate, that is fucked.
      Yep, and there were so many ways to rort it if you were that way inclined, as per the posts above.

Comment

But Australia is built on small businesses......oh wait
        Originally posted by 50RTD
        Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?
        Originally posted by Dogsballs;n7259704
        Bit harder to Wank to without Wendy, but got there in the end

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
          Yeah I know plenty of small/micro businesses (aka sole traders and the like) who jumped onboard every possible avenues for GovCo money only to not experience any downturn other than a bit of a wobble that was already happening early last year.

They’re using invoiced (Cc and Bank transfer) work to mask the income and holding the cash payments back and in turn paying for toys and stuff with cash. Declare a bit of the cash etc

you’d think it’s too much effort, but it pays pretty good considering an extra hour a week cooking the books.
          Speak top your local mechanic for a cash job if its not a warranty job

you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

Comment

I'm amazed by my small business friends that have gotten through the pandemic who should have been absolutely ravaged here in Melbourne. Instead they've shown resilience and doubled down the handout money on C63's and Range Rovers.

Comment

A low-mileage 1979 Toyota Corolla has sold at auction for twice its original purchase price, with the virtual hammer falling on a final bid of $12,750.

https://www.caradvice.com.au/931145/...G9qD3ITTJkeCLI

Comment

Who said cars aren’t an investment - double your money in just 42 years!

Comment

Im surprised it didnt sell for more, to be honest.

Looks very tidy

Comment

Originally posted by Shane001 View Post

Yep, and there were so many ways to rort it if you were that way inclined, as per the posts above.
                    Be interesting to see if the ATO harnesses all the EFT data given most small businesses (eg cafes) stopped accepting cash
                    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Interesting tangent to this thread in some clickbait that appeared in Chrome on the iPad on the weekend ... new sales are down in the UK, to the point where they're having a temporary shutdown of the Vauxhall plant in some English city or area I've heard of but which I've forgotten since reading the article.
                      Seems to be the opposite of here, even when lock-downs were in place ... ?
                      Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

That's because no one wants a fucking vectra.

Comment

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
                          Interesting tangent to this thread in some clickbait that appeared in Chrome on the iPad on the weekend ... new sales are down in the UK, to the point where they're having a temporary shutdown of the Vauxhall plant in some English city or area I've heard of but which I've forgotten since reading the article.
                          Australian economy contracted about 1% in 2020, UK is in the ballpark of 8%. To put that 8% contraction in context the early 90’s recession in Australia was a contraction of 1.7%. The difference in economic outcomes between the two countries are about as vast as the difference in the health income.

Comment

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
                            If you, your family and friends are all dying, then you sorta don't give a fuck about buying a new car.
                            "Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

Originally posted by IMOA View Post

Australian economy contracted about 1% in 2020, UK is in the ballpark of 8%. To put that 8% contraction in context the early 90’s recession in Australia was a contraction of 1.7%. The difference in economic outcomes between the two countries are about as vast as the difference in the health income.
                              Australia has come out looking pretty rosy. Unemployment went up, but is already trending down (including in the more important perm FT workers) and the overall increase was actually pretty marginal.

For the UK on the other hand, the combination of Brexit and COVID has hit hard. It doesn't help that they have been forced to take months worth of lockdowns (with still a month left to go) and lost tens of thousands of people. Not surprised at all the car market has plummeted.

Comment

They also made a complete fucking mess of lockdowns etc, no one wants to buy a new car when you’re over lockdowns, brexit has been a disaster and your PM is a numpty that looks like a homeless bum in a suit.
                                Originally posted by Stix Z
                                i'm upset i lost that video of that aboriginal woman taking a dump on a train that was on youtube
                                Originally posted by Jim
                                Sorry, am late to this thread. I have been protesting against whitey oppressors all morning with my people. I shall serenade this thread with my didge until nash comes in and puts it all into perspective.

Comment

Working...
                                X