2016 or newer driver's wagons ~$30-$35k, 2021 edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 or newer driver's wagons ~$30-$35k, 2021 edition

Considering replacing my Focus XR5 as it's now a decade old, looking at my options for 2016 or newer wagons (would consider a spacious hatch, but probably thinking wagon) that are reasonably interesting to drive, budget is around the $30-$35k mark.

Starting point is the go-fast versions of either the Passat wagon or the Skoda equivalent, but looking to broaden my search before I dive in.

What should I be considering?
    Don't worry, thats just the self-preservation instinct, in my experience you can safely ignore it.

Something like this perhaps?

Check out this 2016 BMW 3 Series 330i M Sport F31 LCI Auto.
    https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...AG-AD-19414150
    Originally posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Originally posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

Not much, you either buy into VAG, try something French (Megane or 508 but you don’t get acres of power, but probably a nice steer), maybe the LeForg Subaru thing is close enough or talk yourself into spending more money and go hunting for bigger engined Benz/BMW options but you’ll concede age or price or condition.
      ---
      Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

ZB RS-V wagon? V6 and AWD. Not many sold in that spec but their unpopularity new means a good used buy.

Comment

Interested in the responses too. Should have gone Golf R or Passat 206, ended up with a Tiguan 162...with a tune it’s rapid but still a SUV. Tossing up putting the bigger turbo on it, some handling mods and keeping or getting rid of it.

That 330 linked up there looks good aside from the big km.

Comment

Not many performance wagons left on the market , I would go Golf R if you can find one for 35k. Option B Octavia RS .

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_Slow View Post
              ZB RS-V wagon? V6 and AWD. Not many sold in that spec but their unpopularity new means a good used buy.
              Calais tourer as well, surprisingly good drive, so tempted to flip the Challenger for one.

Comment

I think VAG product is about the only product vaguely driver-ish available with a manual ‘box ... everything else is auto-only, innit?
                Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

The new Skoda Superb 206 TSI is worth a look - Golf R drivetrain underneath, with plenty of go-fast bits available for them.
                  Obligatory skid pic

Comment

Mondeo any good?

Frenchys do some nice looking wagons.

Click image for larger version

Name:	renault-megane-gt-wagon-blue-jc-1200x800-%287%29.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	7212080
                    Sent from my shed, trapped under a collapsed QuickJack, via Tapatalk

Comment

Subi Levorg?

Comment

^^^^ CVT Only so......
                        Skoda Superb is a good choice imho.
                        I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Finding a sporty wagon is hard now
                          I really don't want to get an SUV for nopics next, but the way the market is going, that's all that's available in the budget
                          Nathan

Speed Shots Photography
                          Official Photographer 2020 | Shannons Motorsport Australia Championships | Porsche Michelin Sprint Challenge | Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 Hour | Challenge Bathurst | MRF Tyres Australian Production Car Series

Comment

VF SS?
                            "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                            (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                            Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post
                              VF SS?
                              Not a 16-17 for that money.

Comment

Working...
                              X