No announcement yet.

2016 or newer driver's wagons ~$30-$35k, 2021 edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ Also only automatic, no driver's-car option.

Also, thinking about the odd situation regarding the current cost of one of those ... it's maybe not a great time to be upgrading a car at all?
    Last edited by Captiva Fan; 05-01-21, 06:24 AM.
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

C63? Doesn't meet the 2016 requirement though.

Comment

Evo 9 wagon autos are ~30-35k.
        "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
        (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
        Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

'Unicorn wanted, must be manual'.

Not many left at all in this market. I was going to suggest a V6 Passat but they're all auto and look like they stopped production in 2014. Bugger buying a VW that old.

There are a bunch of Octavia RS manuals on Carsales for mid $30's - though looks like they stopped selling them in 2018. My Octavia RS manual was alright to drive.

This one looks alright. Though the factory wheels are hideous:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...19426897/?Cr=0

Comment

we picked up a 2020 skoda octavia RS245 in November which is the nopics car. Yes i appreciate a 2020 model wont be in the price range but what i can say is its a superb all rounder. Fun when you want it to be but equally practical for the 4 of us and the dog when required. two thumbs for the octavia RS wagon platform which i think are pretty similar going back 3 - 4 years now?

btw the digital dash setup is fucking mint.
            RB26......................Again

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Purple View Post

Can pickup a brand new DSG for almost the same price. I know not manual, but fuck paying new car pricing for a 3 year old one....
              Nathan

Speed Shots Photography
              Official Photographer 2020 | Shannons Motorsport Australia Championships | Porsche Michelin Sprint Challenge | Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 Hour | Challenge Bathurst | MRF Tyres Australian Production Car Series

Comment

I agree - I'm a manual fanatic and I'd buy a new DSG one instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Purple View Post
                  'Unicorn wanted, must be manual'.

Not many left at all in this market. I was going to suggest a V6 Passat but they're all auto and look like they stopped production in 2014. Bugger buying a VW that old.

There are a bunch of Octavia RS manuals on Carsales for mid $30's - though looks like they stopped selling them in 2018. My Octavia RS manual was alright to drive.

Not sure where all this 'must be manual' stuff came from, wasn't in my post...
                  Don't worry, thats just the self-preservation instinct, in my experience you can safely ignore it.

Comment

Reading back, I blame Forg.

Comment

He said “driver’s car”, auto is “commuter’s car”.
                      Nothing wrong with a commuter’s car, we spend heaps of our lives commuting!
                      (well ... we did)
                      Last edited by Captiva Fan; 07-01-21, 09:50 PM.
                      Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Working...
                      X