Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GTR Prices 2021 Edition

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    GTR Prices 2021 Edition

    So I know we have some GTR almanacs on here, so help me out with my research....and maybe for the value of the group and future searches, we can extend it across the range. I'm actually searching for a gunmetal R32...very open to a crap one that needs paint and mechanical work/rebuilt motor etc, but not a basket case with rust etc. If you know of any coming up let me know....

    But in general, what are prices doing at the moment?

    R32 GTR's - Price range for cars in Aus and imports
    R33 GTR's - Price range for cars in Aus and imports
    R34 GTR's - Price range for cars in Aus and imports

    #2
    tough to price this stuff at the moment, very low liquidity and COVID doing crazy things

    an R graded r34 shitbox would be 180k landed minimum these days from japan. carsales is retarded 299k-600k type hail mary numbers

    even redbook reckons they're worth 150-190k (base to vspec II) and the are usually way off the mark for rarer stuff.
    Last edited by burn is weird; 12-02-21, 01:03 PM.

    Oo___oO

    Comment


      #3
      subscribed
      Jason Broadhurst

      Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by burn is weird View Post
        tough to price this stuff at the moment, very low liquidity and COVID doing crazy things

        an R graded r34 shitbox would be 180k landed minimum these days from japan. carsales is retarded 299k-600k type hail mary numbers

        even redbook reckons they're worth 150-190k (base to vspec II) and the are usually way off the mark for rarer stuff.
        the topic of r34 prices has come up quite a bit on the 34 GTR FB group. One bloke was bleating about how they aren't worth more than 150k for any model.

        one response said it all for me (assuming it was true of course, internet and all). Old mate responder pipes up and says he listed his 34 base model which is already here, good clean condition for 200k and it sold within 24 hours.

        edit - Im going to list my 34 later in the year. Will advise what happens
        Last edited by fly510; 12-02-21, 01:39 PM.
        RB26......................Again

        Comment


          #5
          The first 33 went for over 100K out of Japan not that long ago also.

          Comment


            #6
            I was offered 70k just before Christmas
            Attached Files
            Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
            Memes are only detectable by NSA.

            Comment


              #7
              How the hell are 34’s selling for Gt3 money? Crazy....
              I own a two and a half litre Commodore - 8.93 at 142mph

              Comment


                #8
                how do you safely sell a car privately for 250k (especially a skyline...in sydney..)? escrow? meet at a bank?

                Oo___oO

                Comment


                  #9
                  I've been investigating places to sell on consignment, a company called Summon ($1000 pre-sale detail and listing fee, and 5% commission) seemed to be the closest to my needs.

                  I'd really prefer to sell the car myself as i think i am better equipped to explain the car to prospect buyers, but the idea of personally exchanging that sort of money comes with some risk, especially if you are dealing with some heavy duty characters. I'd say the people buying R34s today are the likes of businesses who can claim the amount against their ABN, or people cleaning money.
                  Last edited by JGTC; 12-02-21, 02:14 PM.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    OP: I have a gunmetal grey R32 for sale (wow that's the first time I've externalised that :| ) It's whole but somewhat disassembled engine and interior.
                    Jason Broadhurst

                    Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

                    Comment


                      #11
                      ^^ What!!??! (ps how much are you "hoping" for, PM if needed)
                      Hide yo' wife!!!

                      Comment


                        #12
                        While this is a grade r, it is also only 54000km. It sold for $40k late last year.
                        Attached Files

                        Comment


                          #13
                          What's driving these prices? Is it the USA market has opened up?

                          I need to understand it so I can HODL or bounce
                          Jason Broadhurst

                          Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by JGTC View Post
                            I've been investigating places to sell on consignment, a company called Summon ($1000 pre-sale detail and listing fee, and 5% commission) seemed to be the closest to my needs.

                            I'd really prefer to sell the car myself as i think i am better equipped to explain the car to prospect buyers, but the idea of personally exchanging that sort of money comes with some risk, especially if you are dealing with some heavy duty characters. I'd say the people buying R34s today are the likes of businesses who can claim the amount against their ABN, or people cleaning money.
                            You know to clean money you are supposed to sell fake products not buy them right.

                            Also buying 200k car in business sucks, you by from some.guy no GST then sell it have to add GST.
                            3D scanning
                            3D modelling
                            Structural certification
                            3 and 5 axis milling

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by burn is weird View Post
                              how do you safely sell a car privately for 250k (especially a skyline...in sydney..)? escrow? meet at a bank?
                              I've been wondering the same thing honestly. No idea
                              RB26......................Again

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X