No announcement yet.

GTR Prices 2021 Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should bort pretty hard with that intake!

Oo___oO

Comment

Very nice! Saw a convertible M3 of that series for low 30's pre-covid that I was lusting after, wasn't there issues with the bottom end on those engines or something? Or am I thinking of the V10s?

Comment

Never been a V10 M3, so not sure man.

These have 8 throttle and 2 DBW actuators which fail. They also have rod bearings which fail. Both of which have been done on this car luckily. Not expensive, just a chore.

Yes, it should bort pretty hard
        Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

Yeah V10 M5 was what I was thinking off. Rod bearings might have been it. If they have been done, then you are golden! Enjoy the borts

Comment

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post

New model is out next year I believe. So prices should drop a bit.

I think prices are currently firm because every youtube review of the CS and Comp are so positive. Hence budget buyers like me keeping the bottom models buoyant.
            The reviews that pitch them and the Supra together, tend to favour the latter. And the CS is way more expensive here than other regions.
            Only in Australia, logic barely applies.

Comment

Originally posted by Ribfeast View Post
              Yeah V10 M5 was what I was thinking off. Rod bearings might have been it. If they have been done, then you are golden! Enjoy the borts
              V10 E60 M5s need rod bearings
              V8 E9x M3s need rod bearings
              6cyl E46 M3s need rod bearings (yes not just the early ones)

Basically all as semi preventative maintenance these days. Blackstone oil analysis is a good thing to do over a few changes as it may show increases in bearing material.

Comment

Originally posted by Shonky View Post
                V10 E60 M5s need rod bearings
                V8 E9x M3s need rod bearings
                6cyl E46 M3s need rod bearings (yes not just the early ones)

Basically all as semi preventative maintenance these days. Blackstone oil analysis is a good thing to do over a few changes as it may show increases in bearing material.
                What are they made from? Compressed beer cans?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ree View Post

Yes, as there are many beer cans to recycle in Hitlerland.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ree View Post

Yeah dunno. I'm no bearing expert. High revving atmo engines just tend to use them up a bit? Generally the fix is factory bearing shells so not like anyone else has anything better it seems. We're talking 150-200k sort of mileage.

That said, early E46s had a problem that resulted in dealers rebuilding bottom ends due to a supplier issue. I think E9x have a similar problem. But even the good ones longer term just need some maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Broadhurst View Post
                      I just bought a V8 M3 with my GTR money. Life is good.
                      Living life on the edge of spun bearings between the two cars there mate!

Edit:
                      Ok so everyone seems to have already made bearing jokes on this page haha

We're talking 150-200k sort of mileage.
                      Ive seen in real life bearings on a V8 M3 with like 80thou on it require replacement
                      Last edited by yohoes; 02-04-21, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yohoes View Post
                        Ive seen in real life bearings on a V8 M3 with like 80thou on it require replacement
                        Yah, the V8s seem the be worst in terms of doing them as normal maintenance. The S54 and the S85 just seem to need it later in life too.

Comment

Yah, the V8s seem the be worst in terms of doing them as normal maintenance. The S54 and the S85 just seem to need it later in life too.
                          Ah ok, I thought you meant the V8s

I got a mate with a 230,000ish km E46 M3 who is doing the bearings now as a precaution.. still drives pretty mint last I was in it!

Comment

Bearings done on this one

Flying to Sydney Sunday first thing to pick it up and scoot home
                            Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

Entirely depends how the car was treated. More lease suit idiots are likely to belt a M3 esp without sufficient warmup and carry on like a complete clown than a M5 before ridding any responsibility 3 years in ownership.

Comment

Thi thread is going to become the “ I sold my rusty shit heap gtr for $$$$ and replaced it with —— supercar”
                                Check out my shit for sale on facebook:
                                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Junk-...25870327473735

Comment

Working...
                                X