No announcement yet.

GTR Prices 2021 Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fwiw after all the explanation of growing up dreaming about cars you couldnt buy and now you’re fat and middle aged and have more money and interest rates and house prices and equity her response was ‘by why wouldn’t you just buy a more recent manual Porsche for less’. That’s where the explanation got difficult.

Comment

Apart from the BMW which has the euro rabbit hole to deal with. Most of the 'better' cars you can't just chuck and exhaust/tune/boost increase on and make 50% more power. You also dont have to worry about upsetting something in the integrated electronics/CAN.

its pretty obvious that most 90s jap cars are very different from ~2000 on.
      A lot of the models stopped.
      Those that did continue got N/A engines a lot of the time.
      Most of them looked worse.
      Most of them got more complicated electronically.
      Most of them got heavier/bigger/safer.

90s was a point where technology/efi made power and tuneability quite good, but before everything got overly complicated.

Again, im not arguing for 100k GTRs, there are shitloads better things I would rather buy. But the general rise in all 90s jap cars (along with the US being able to get them) is basically because of supply and demand and the supply for what niche those 90s cars fit into has not been replaced with much else.
      this signature intentionally left blank

Comment

My opinion is that gtrs are a cult car like a phase 3 or xu1 was to our parents generation. The difference being this cult is global and there seems to a massive amount of pent up demand in the US, in particular for the 34s.

respectively I think you guys are missing the point when trying to make the argument about how there is a million better cars for the money. Newsflash, you’re right!! They are ok to drive but not great IMO. 11500 34 gtrs made, probably 8000 left? And literally 100s if not 1000s of punters in the US with fuck you toy money that just want to tell their mates they have one and take it to cars and coffees.
        Originally posted by gerry;n7288577
        having done my fair share of snorting white powder, made by a bikie in a garage, off a dirty cistern in a night club, means I find the argument about not knowing whats in the vaccine slightly perplexing.

Comment

Speaking of Japanese cars, what’s the current hotness for importing? Looking for an untucked late model RX7. Iron chef imports?

Comment

Originally posted by fly510 View Post
            My opinion is that gtrs are a cult car like a phase 3 or xu1 was to our parents generation. The difference being this cult is global and there seems to a massive amount of pent up demand in the US, in particular for the 34s.

respectively I think you guys are missing the point when trying to make the argument about how there is a million better cars for the money. Newsflash, you’re right!! They are ok to drive but not great IMO. 11500 34 gtrs made, probably 8000 left? And literally 100s if not 1000s of punters in the US with fuck you toy money that just want to tell their mates they have one and take it to cars and coffees.
            Exactly. GTR is not only a cult car in Australia but without doubt worldwide, that makes a big difference. The R32, obviously holds a special place in Aussie motoring history. One of the 100 ADM cars is surely just as sought after by collectors as nearly any of the local "race bred" stuff. Phase 3 Falcons obviously top of the tree but the ADM R32 should match stuff like the A9X Toranas and Group A Commodores in value should any owners wish to let one go. Collectors don't care if a new car drives or performs better and it has no bearing on what they will pay.

Then you have the regular guys who are at a point in their lives where they are doing well, they don't want just any car no matter what the performance. They want the car they dreamt of when they were younger and for plenty of these guys, that was a Skyline. Unlike the ADM cars, people aren't worried about modifying them and it doesn't ruin their value. The benefits of these cars is they can be modified to run as hard as anything newer. The rest is subjective, really, so they spend big dollars to get what they want. These people are all over the world including the cashed up USA buyers you mention.

As you point out, In all these cases, there is only so many GTRs. So, we have a pure supply and demand situation. Thus, I can only see the value of these cars going up despite the high current prices. It will be interesting if that is the case for all the 90s Japanese performance cars or if some of these models are riding the Covid bandwagon.
            ​​​​​​

Last edited by HSV Senator; 15-06-21, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Look I bleed Nissan and won’t sell my 33 gtr

but if I was going to spend around 100-150k it certainly wouldn’t be on a r32-34

And I am a gtr tragic

I would buy a nice 35 gtr

70k range I would get a Tesla which is just as quick lol

Check out my shit for sale on facebook:
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Junk-...25870327473735

Comment

Originally posted by fatz View Post
                Look I bleed Nissan and won’t sell my 33 gtr

but if I was going to spend around 100-150k it certainly wouldn’t be on a r32-34

And I am a gtr tragic

I would buy a nice 35 gtr

70k range I would get a Tesla which is just as quick lol
                I guess you're lucky as you have scratched that itch many times over and thus it's not the same allure for you? Especially for people in countries where these cars basically were not available?

I could imagine if you're used to paying $20-$40k for something for 2 decades and then all of a sudden entry is $100k +, you may see it differently to others, lol.

It is an interesting point though, can anyone see a case of buyers remorse at say, $250k for a GTR? Or will there always be someone to on sell the car to, perhaps for more money than you paid, so it doesn't matter?
                Last edited by HSV Senator; 15-06-21, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CussCuss View Post

90s was a point where technology/efi made power and tuneability quite good, but before everything got overly complicated.
                  Yeah this sums it up for me.

Wondering if/when the GTO/3000GTs will start to take off in price too. Always thought they were a good looking car. But I think they had them as the Dodge Stealth or something over in the states.

Comment

Originally posted by HSV Senator View Post
                    It is an interesting point though, can anyone see a case of buyers remorse at say, $250k for a GTR? Or will there always be someone to on sell the car to, perhaps for more money than you paid, so it doesn't matter?
                    i think using the example below (old mate from earlier in the thread) and around the $$ mark you mention i dont think you'll have much regret. Sure, and as i said, there is definitely better cars to drive for the money but as the US starts to come online for 34's i doubt you'll be crying about a 250k investment within 2 - 3years if you decide to offload it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gtr.png
Views:	367
Size:	507.1 KB
ID:	7261212

having done my fair share of snorting white powder, made by a bikie in a garage, off a dirty cistern in a night club, means I find the argument about not knowing whats in the vaccine slightly perplexing.

Comment

good old greater fool theory...
                      1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s Cruiser

Comment

$100k GTRs makes more sense to me than a $100k+ G-series 911.
                        "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                        (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                        Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post
                          $100k GTRs makes more sense to me than a $100k+ G-series 911.
                          Yep especially a bog stock US spec 2.7 or something.
                          that said I’d sell the Gtr for US money and use it to put a gt3 next to the g series as soon as I’m given the chance, wouldn’t sell the 911.
                          Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
                          Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...kyline-gt-r-3/

Comment

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/...yline-r33-gt-r

This 33 listing on collecting cars will be a good indication of what an average running R33 GTR will fetch. Graded 4B from Japan which is important for the new crowd of buyers.

Comment

Not Bayside Blue. WNB
                                "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                                (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                                Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Working...
                                X