GTR Prices 2021 Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fury View Post
    So what is the PF brains trust on this.. What is the current state of the market right now? Seems a little to be slowing in terms of other cars, especially with lockdowns all over most of the country that matters.

Is it worth putting up an R32 GTR "as is" with a couple of rust spots that need attending and new clutch without a care for 60's... or try and spend that extra $10k + time (I have no time) to maybe get $70k+ . Thinking if I list it now and point out some of the bad points, that might come back to bite me in a few weeks if I do end up fixing some of those things.

Cheapest on carsales is $82k now (wtf?! was $70k about 2 weeks ago). If I list it now, it would be the cheapest R32 GTR in the country.

I'm a bit over a car I drive for 15 mins once a month, when I could buy a brand new thing.
    You could probably sell it on PF
    Find your Freedom
    Home Loans | Car Loans | Investment Portfolios | Property Management
    www.FreedomFunding.com.au
    www.ProgressiveProperty.com.au

Click for PF Loans
    If you're thinking of buying, or that you may be paying too much on your home loan PM me for a no obligation chat!

Comment

Heaps of articles/videos/posts/blogs popping up explaining why the R33 isn't actually a boat, seems like the great unwashed in America followed the advice. I'm curious where things will 'end up', if the market ever stabilises / goes 'normal'.

Comment

Originally posted by fury View Post
        Oh yeah.. r33 gtr prices have gone fully nuclear. What you could have bought for 35k 12 months ago is now 80k+. Almost a no brainer.

Make a 100% return in less than 12 months...cgt free. Lol
        I just looked past night the ugly ass gold one that was on car sales for mid 60s is gone, I think mine was 70 and looking at car sales if there is any relevance is more like 90.

I also have a VE Maloo with 29k km on it, seems like they are work 70 lol. I paid 35 with 9000km 4 years ago.
        3D scanning
        3D modelling
        Structural certification
        3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

So I am able to report back, I accepted an offer of $200K, the last listed price for the car was $212,500, sold and bought by a business who own multiple high end cars etc. Car was for sale for approx 10mths starting in Feb. The agent who dealt with all the correspondence said there were a constant flow of offers, with a mix of mostly swede types as well as a few genuine guys who had skylines through the years and were in a good position to get into a R34. No regrets on my end, am happy to not be responsible for something worth so much in my driveway.

A lot of speculative offers all through the months, but only 2 parties inspected through that time, the party that purchased the car bought it on the spot without test driving it etc, so obviously had the connections and purse to sort things out.

The prices they are going for in Japan a fair margin higher than they are clearing locally here in Aus which makes sense as the market here is much smaller and the export opportunity much less. This Nur is an recent example of where prices are going

Originally posted by JGTC View Post
          I've just signed on with Summon to handle the sale of my 02 M-spec. I've decided on a price guide of $240-$280K. Car was graded R/B out of japan with 101,000kms in 2014 (replaced LH inner guard), now has around 125,000km. They will come and collect the car to prep for sale and keep in their facility until sold.

Happy to field any questions on the process etc, i found out about Summon as John Boston who runs the wakefield trackdays/trackschool sold his RS4 through them.

Brief run-down of the car with pics
          https://www.oejayz.com/dans-r34-gtr-mspec

Comment

Well done anything over 200k for a r34 is gold
            Check out my shit for sale on facebook:
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Junk-...25870327473735

Comment

Wow, it will be getting up 991 GT3 money soon, I know which one I'd be buying.

Comment

Fucking lol at 800 grand for a skyline. Cunts will buy anything these days as "investments"

Comment

well somebody probably said that when they were $250k....
                  RIP Simon - Ghost ride that whip in the clouds forever..

Comment

Like when Simon said to anyone that would listen (no me, because I'm dumb) to buy bitcoin at $200. GTR's are the next BTC.

Comment

Originally posted by yohoes View Post
                      Living life on the edge of spun bearings between the two cars there mate!

Edit:
                      Ok so everyone seems to have already made bearing jokes on this page haha

Ive seen in real life bearings on a V8 M3 with like 80thou on it require replacement
                      yep my mate had one let go. Cost him 25k to get another out in. The second hand engine was like 18k

Comment

People paying $800k for one are not doing it because they are 2x better than a gt2, etc.They are just not that good from a driving, quality or looks perspective.

Not sure whether it’s a Paul Walker/Furious Fast thing, money laundering or something else?

Comment

That GTR above sold for $515k I think.

Comment

570k AUD according to todays exchange rate or 410k USD. i think we can all agree an average punter who loves skylines and JDM cars wasnt the buyer at that price.
                            Originally posted by gerry;n7288577
                            having done my fair share of snorting white powder, made by a bikie in a garage, off a dirty cistern in a night club, means I find the argument about not knowing whats in the vaccine slightly perplexing.

Comment

I would of expected a completely stock/collectors example for that price but it seems to have been moderately modified from the pictures..

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckP View Post
                                I would of expected a completely stock/collectors example for that price but it seems to have been moderately modified from the pictures..
                                hard to tell from the pics but as its a NUR its always going to worth well above the odds even with light mods. Assuming its not a built motor and a single (even then its not impossible) it would be easy to get it back to stock. an r34 intercooler to replace the ARC unit is still only a few hundred clams for example and then see off the ARC for a profit.
                                Originally posted by gerry;n7288577
                                having done my fair share of snorting white powder, made by a bikie in a garage, off a dirty cistern in a night club, means I find the argument about not knowing whats in the vaccine slightly perplexing.

Comment

Working...
                                X