tyres whats good, besides black and round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tyres whats good, besides black and round

Used to get Michelin Pilot Sport 4, but thin on the ground with the new S version thats a lot more money. Was impressed with both the grip and how much i got out of a set. Looking at a the Re003's but unsure of how many KMs i will get out of them for street only duties
    you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

Came here to say PS4S. Don't remember them being that much more than PS4 though.

Comment

Size? PS4S is only available in 19" and above IIRC.

RE003 Lifespan is pretty shit too. Nopics has trashed hers in 5k, yet my PS4S have 15k on them and more remaining tread.

Comment

Originally posted by 67rce View Post
        Size? PS4S is only available in 19" and above IIRC.

RE003 Lifespan is pretty shit too. Nopics has trashed hers in 5k, yet my PS4S have 15k on them and more remaining tread.
        A bunch of people on a Commode forum reckon the RE003’s last as long as the PS4S’s, when fitted to Commodes at least.
        Which isn’t what I’ve read around here.
        Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

No pics Mini has RE003s with over 15000 kms on them. Look about half worn. Main issue is cracking on the side wall, which is supposedly from the car being parked outside,
          "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
          (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
          Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

I had RE003 on my Golf R and loved them. Have PS4S on the C63 and don’t believe there is a better street tyre unless I went to the Cup tyres.

RE003 I are great unless you have C63 grunt to contain

Comment

You can get PS4S in 18" in Australia now in a few sizes. Unfortunately for me, they didn't bring in the size I wanted, closest they sell are the 245/45R18 100Y. These are a little pricier too but not crazy.

245/45R18 100Y XL - $505

255/35R18 94Y XL - $339

Comment

I thought PS4 is a more luxury touring tyre, whereas PS4S is a ultra high performance street tyre.

I've got RE003 on my Lexus, they are good but think I might switch to PS4 just for a change. Jax tyres seem to have plenty of stock.

Comment

PS4S ftw

Comment

Originally posted by Spammy View Post
                    I thought PS4 is a more luxury touring tyre, whereas PS4S is a ultra high performance street tyre.

I've got RE003 on my Lexus, they are good but think I might switch to PS4 just for a change. Jax tyres seem to have plenty of stock.
                    I have PS4 on my Monaro, never been happy with them as a performance tyre, I think mainly due to the soft sidewalls but not really liked the other options in my tyre size either, so still have them. Was holding out for PS4S. Still, the PS4 are comfortable and pretty grippy, so they make a good sporty luxury tyre hybrid.

Comment

The Goodyear eagle F1 supersport is supposed to be pretty close to the PS4.

I've always been a fan of Hankook RS-3s if you don't do much driving in the wet

Oo___oO

Comment

If PS4S is the type of tyre your interested in then maybe look at Bridgestone S007a?

Comment

Originally posted by tipper View Post
                          I had RE003 on my Golf R and loved them. Have PS4S on the C63 and don’t believe there is a better street tyre unless I went to the Cup tyres.

RE003 I are great unless you have C63 grunt to contain
                          PS4S were good at 350rwkw. Now at 385rwkw and they are ummm fun.

Comment

What car are they going on?

RE003s are great when they're new, and cheap as shit when buying a full set under the '4 for 3' pricing specials they run. I find them a bit lacking once they're past about half worn.

Will be going PS4S once the current set (RE003s) need replacing on the Megane. Traction can be a bit of an issue in that car.

Originally posted by Bluprint View Post
                            If PS4S is the type of tyre your interested in then maybe look at Bridgestone S007a?
                            There's also a S007 (without the 'a') too, supposedly OE for Ferrari and Aston Martin, I would guess 'pricey'. Pretty limited sizes (mostly 20" and only one in 19" (245/35)) though. Either of these will be better buying while the 4 for 3 specials are on. I believe both are grouped in the ultra high performance category.

I had the S007a in the weird 17" size (235/50R17) on a Statesman, not sure grip was that much better than RE003 (car could be tail-happy - short gears + high stall + V8), but they wore very well (heaps of tread left after 20,000km, would expect them to easily go >30,000 depending on the new owner's habits )
                            Last edited by andy_wk; 13-02-21, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Ran RE003's on all three of our last daily driver cars. All 234 45 17 (ultimate bogan spec!). Commode VZ V8 (ultimate bogan spec, again), volvo S60, VW passat. Good grip, quite, didn't wear fast (easy 30,000 - 40,000 km life), but all were just daily drivers as there was not fun in thrashing any of them.

Buy them when 3 for 4 offer on. $500 for a set, easy done.

Comment

Working...
                              X