No announcement yet.

tyres whats good, besides black and round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had a chat to the local bridgestone dealer, the choices are Dueler D687s which are A/Ts and Dueler D470s which just look like any tyre. the RE031s are only made in 235/55/18.

RE003s are $155 each at the moment which is a bit rich for the corolla, and apparently there aren't any in that size in Victoria anyway. /CSH

Comment

Have seen some new Bridgestone Potenza Sport reviewed on Tyre Reviews, seem like a good upgrade on the shitty Dunlops on the Yaris. https://www.tyrereviews.com/Tyre/Bri...enza-Sport.htm
      Bridgestone AU don't really list details yet, their page is just blank. https://www.bridgestone.com.au/tyres.../potenza_sport and it doesn't come up in the Potenza listing/range either.

Have tried doing a contact us on Bridgestone site but don't feel positive about getting any sort of reply. Do joints like Jax etc get info on when tyres are going to be available?
      I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Got some worn in RE003s off a mate for the corolla, looked up the tyres that are on there now (yokohama A drives) and it looks like spin city is a feature of them, I thought it was just a wrong wheel drive problem. The rears are Michelin energy somethings and look like they will last forever.

Comment

Any thoughts on Falken FK510? $130 per corner at Tempe. They get a bunch of good write ups in motoring press and various tests.

Comment

Its Tempe they could be old stock or grey imports, they are known to do both.
            you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

Comment

Originally posted by Spammy View Post
              Any thoughts on Falken FK510? $130 per corner at Tempe. They get a bunch of good write ups in motoring press and various tests.
              The FK510's are meant to be good. When I was looking a few weeks back, a local Canberra Business was able to price the Falkens better thatnTempe and were current non grey imported

Comment

Yeah the place that used to be called K-Mart at Mac Centre … current dumb name is MyCar I think … anyhoo, they price-matched Tempe for a set of 5 RE003’s a few years ago.
                The Michelin PS4S’s last Christmas, though, I couldn’t find anyone local that could get their hands on them, so had to visit the suck-hole of suck that is Tempe. My guess is because they’re grey imports.
                I doubt they’d have anything that’s out of date, though, unless it’s total crap; just because it seems the supply of tyres is struggling to keep up with demand at the ‘mo.

It may, soon, be only possible to buy tyres from a mobile place … if lockier restrictions are enforced.
                Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

I got a pair of PS4s from Tempe which were 12 months old, however they were the only ones in the country who had the size I needed in stock.

​​​​​​Apparently there is now a world wide shortage of rubber.

It appears the supply chains for alot of things were very finely balanced, and covid has buggered all that up.
                  Last edited by Sturmovik; 24-07-21, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Yep. I was trying to buy 215/35R18’s a year ago and supply was terrible. Could only get pairs and only 1-2 brands. Between COVId logistics and most of the 3rd world locations that tyres are produced in being hit with lockdowns or a massive staff death/sickness rate supply is poor.
                    ---
                    Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Well I've taken a few trips on the RE003s (got an alignment too and now it feels a bit "funny", the mechanic says the rear axle was bent, should have asked for before and after specs.) the car has never felt more underpowered but it's nice and grippy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasta_papa View Post

The FK510's are meant to be good. When I was looking a few weeks back, a local Canberra Business was able to price the Falkens better thatnTempe and were current non grey imported
                        I have FK510's on my S15. In the dry it hooks up brilliantly whereas anything I've had prior was wheelspin central. Seems to corner alright too. Brahser had them on his SSV ute and concurred however reckons they were dangerous in the wet. Haven't driven on them in the wet as yet hence can't comment.
                        Daily - VF SV6. Former daily,now with more up on blocks
                        it lives!!!! - S15 200SX. Weekends - 149 EH Holden Special. Project - EH Premier. More schizo than ever!

Comment

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post
                          Have seen some new Bridgestone Potenza Sport reviewed on Tyre Reviews, seem like a good upgrade on the shitty Dunlops on the Yaris. https://www.tyrereviews.com/Tyre/Bri...enza-Sport.htm
                          Bridgestone AU don't really list details yet, their page is just blank. https://www.bridgestone.com.au/tyres.../potenza_sport and it doesn't come up in the Potenza listing/range either.

Have tried doing a contact us on Bridgestone site but don't feel positive about getting any sort of reply. Do joints like Jax etc get info on when tyres are going to be available?
                          Theres a good youtube tyre review channel that reckons these are on par/better than PS4S, Continental and Goodyear F1
                          "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                          (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                          Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post

Theres a good youtube tyre review channel that reckons these are on par/better than PS4S, Continental and Goodyear F1
                            Yeh, thats where I saw them. https://www.youtube.com/user/TyreReviews. Great channel, so detailed on his feedback on each tyre.
                            I got a reply back from Bridgestone but they weren't able to give me a release date.
                            I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post

Yeh, thats where I saw them. https://www.youtube.com/user/TyreReviews. Great channel, so detailed on his feedback on each tyre.
                              I got a reply back from Bridgestone but they weren't able to give me a release date.
                              I don't think they give a fark about that market. Too busy selling $100 tyres for Camry's and Corollas.
                              "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                              (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                              Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Working...
                              X